PDA

View Full Version : What do I do...............again!

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 09:25 AM
I swear this job will be the death of me!!!!

I mind 2 siblings only on a Thursday. Mum is really difficult to pin down as she is a G.P.

Their contract ran out a few days ago. As they have been with grandma for the last few weeks I have written mum a letter to try and clarify whether she still needs me and what her intentions are{also told her that we need to do new contract}

Just received message saying that boys will be with grandma again today,she does still need me but may change day/days.

What would you advise guys? As contract has run out can I still charge for next few weeks until grandma goes home?

Don't really know what to do as mum says she still wants the place but doesn't know what day/days yet.

Be grateful for your thoughts.

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 09:28 AM
With reference to my previous post:laughing: my hubby says that I should charge for next few Thursdays as I have a 'verbal agreement' even tho' contract ran out on 25th.

Help! reckon hubby is wrong but a bit peeved that this mum is messing me about.

PixiePetal
01-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Not sure, but if she wants you back for sure then she must have to pay a retainer at least?

Needs to be sorted so you know where you stand or start advertising for more mindees

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 10:23 AM
What do you mean it has run out? Do you mean it needs a yearly review done or is it a short term contract that has expired?

If its the first than you can still charge as the contract is still valid and still requires 4 week termination. If its the second one then do not charge as its ended however i would say that as she wants you to hold the soace you could ask for a retainer.

hope you pin her down and get it sorted xxx

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Hi Minstrel, I mean that the yearly contract ended on 25th september.
I put on my contract that reviews are due yearly, but she hasn't yet signed anything to say she wants to continue from the26th.
I've just read it again and it says that contract is to be reviewed Sept '09.
So effectively,we haven't got an up-to-date contract.
Hope I'm making sense.

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 10:49 AM
It says 'date of commencement of full contract:25th Sept'08.

I'm getting all kerfuffled now!

Is it still valid now?{1st Oct}

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm fairly sure on the contract it says that this contract is in place until and unless another is drawn up to replace it. I dont have mine to hand to check though. I think i would still charge though- you've left the place open due to lack of communication about her needs to you.

Minstrel
01-10-2009, 10:53 AM
because it doesnt say it ends on the 25th sept 09- just that you will review it.

Pudding Girl
01-10-2009, 11:03 AM
A review doesn't mean the contract has ended, that can only end when either party end it or it's replaced by a new one.

Does mum realise that she is liable for the fees? Get an invoice out to her asap!

Pipsqueak
01-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Louise the contract continues running in place until either party cancels it. A review is just that - looking at the contract. contracts don't 'run out' unless there is a specified end date (not review date)

so yes keep charging her the contracted hours even if she is not using the space. Write or email (no more texts) and tell her that the contract review is overdue and if she would like to make an appointment to see you to ensure that its all still fine then these are teh dates/times you are available: xxx xxx xxx if not it will be assumeed that she is happy with teh contract and you will continue as normal

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Thankyou all for your replies. As ever you lot are fab!!!

I was obviously labouring under a misapprehension then that the yearly contracts actually 'end' until you physically do a new one.

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Pipsqueak, as ever you are great and always seem to be the voice of reason sorting out everyone's woes!

can you come and live with me please and sort my life and my parents out?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

miffy
01-10-2009, 12:26 PM
When you review, agree a minimum number of hours to be paid for each week (whether used or not) and payment up front a month in advance - at least that way you'll be paid even if she does still mess you about.

Miffy xx

The Juggler
01-10-2009, 09:12 PM
agree with other replies. unless you specify an end date, contracts don't run out. they only get replaced by new ones. she owes you contracted amount until she decides what she wants and she gives you four weeks notice of the change.

LOL

Pipsqueak
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Pipsqueak, as ever you are great and always seem to be the voice of reason sorting out everyone's woes!

can you come and live with me please and sort my life and my parents out?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: :blush: lol only if someone come and sorts out mine first please.:D