PDA

View Full Version : Help! Medical re: depression

lnmrobbo
30-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Hope someone can put me at ease,

I'm almost at the end of my registration process (Ofsted have told me everything is done), apart from: my medical.

Im currently off work due to Post Traumatic Stress and have been off since March I am also still on anti depressents. I was straight with Ofsted Inspector when she came out and she was absolutley fine. They've had loads of letters from my gp saying i am fit to look after children etc, so I was thinking it was all going to be fine, everyone has assured me I will get registered but this morning I find out ATOS (Ofsted health people) have made me an appointment to see their own Occ Health Dr! I cant believe it & am so scared! what on earth can they do, see or whatever, that my own gp already hasnt told them about me??!!

Has anyone else been in this situation at all and what was the outcome?

sarah707
01-10-2009, 06:59 AM
this happens quite a lot, don't worry.

The doc will assess whether your medication keeps you stable so you can manage children.

One minder I know was told she could only have over 5s on the advice of her doc (she was on 40mg of anti d a day)... she fought it and is now registered.

Good luck with the appointment :D

Daftbat
01-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Don't worry, as Sarah says this is normal routine in some cases. I have had anti depressants lots of times in the past and Ofsted have been fine about it. You never know - the appointment may even be beneficial to you as it can be good to get a second opinion and possibly some more support.

candy cat
01-10-2009, 08:09 AM
Years ago i had a bout of depression......so when i registered this year thought they would mention it......i then got a phone call from an ofsted nurse about my history of back problems in the past and no mention of the depression.It is probably routine and they are just making sure you are well enough.....don't worry too much,i know it's hard as i panicked a bit. cx

Bananabrain
01-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I thought this would be an issue for me as well as I had post -natal depression{long time ago:laughing: }and I really worried.

It was all fine though, I'm sure you will be fine too.

As others have said it's just routine. I always say that half the population are on something! it's just that we always think it's just us!

At my son's primary school I was told that one of the TA's had such severe depression that she tried to kill herself:eek:

She's been at the school for years!

I'm sure you'll be fine.

nic76
01-10-2009, 10:11 AM
dont owrry i have been on anti depressents for 8 yrs with my panic attacks and had to see an atos dr. its fine they just really double check everything the doctor has written to them

lnmrobbo
02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Thank you soooo much everyone,

honestly, if all the paperwork side of things isnt enough to worry about....

you have all given me confidence, i thought if i go to my appointment being a jibbering wreck, theyd never register me!

hopefully, everything will go ok and i'll be registered very soon!

thanks again to you all for the vote of confidence
lisa x

MarpleJollytots
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
My registration was held up due to medical.I had problems with an Eating disorder afew years ago.My Ofstead pre reg visit went fine ,officer was more than happy,my Dr was more than happy but still had probs from Ofstead requesting more info from my Dr.In the end i rang Ofstead and ASKED THEM if i could be seen by their Drs to reasure them i was o.k. Think is all ok now been told just waiting for CRB.It is frustrating but if i was a parent i would want Ofstead to triple check everything that caused concern.Love Tracie xxxxx :blush: