PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Training

DCMS
30-09-2009, 07:41 AM
I have quite a few mindees on term-time only contracts. They pay for every term day whether they come or not and don't pay for holidays. My question is if a teacher training day is added on a Friday before a half term would that officially be a term-term day or a holiday? Not sure if I should be charging for this day and find the training days are usually Mondays after hols or Fridays before hols.

grindal
30-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Technically it is term time. Schools also have 5 INSET days per year. Often these are added to start or end of holidays. There are 13 weeks holidays per year for state schools, the 5 inset days are on top of this.

Playmate
30-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Technically it is term time. Schools also have 5 INSET days per year. Often these are added to start or end of holidays. There are 13 weeks holidays per year for state schools, the 5 inset days are on top of this.

I think if I didn't charge for holidays and these fell either side I would'nt charge. But if they are mid term I would.

The Juggler
30-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I charge extra for the hours between school drop off. They are term time dates so would not be included in the rate you've worked out. I charge between 0900 and 1500 for mine if they need inset day cover.