PDA

View Full Version : First Inspection is imminent!!!

Chanelle
30-09-2009, 12:14 AM
I have checked my phone last 2 weeks and at random times, I have a missed call number come up, and YES it is Ofsted! So I am ignoring all calls made to me while I am at home! At least until I have done my SEF!

I am due my first graded Inspection and am excited yet totally panicked at the amount of stuff I still need to do to be ready!

Main one is the SEF!!

I only have 1 child in the EYFS and she is 4 and at school. I have got all her observations, photos, scrapbook file, etc done ... Planning is okay as only for one child at the moment.

Will I be graded fairly even though I only have 1 child in EYFS and that she only comes for 6 hrs a week ? I really hope this wont affect what grade I get ?? My other mindees are 7, 8, 9 and 9. My son is 3.

Well Tonight I spent all my evening (6 hrs!!!) doing catch up on my paperwork!! I am just thankful they dont look at my accounts lmao !! :laughing:

Blaze
30-09-2009, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't ignore the calls for too long - they may just turn up!:eek:

Good luck for when you do pick up the phone!:D

Bitsy Beans
30-09-2009, 06:16 AM
Got mine either this Friday or next :eek:

I thought I was fairly organised about it all but now am running round like headless chicken in a total panic :panic:

I only have one mindee all day on a Friday and she's only been with me 8 sessions so am worried about how much planning etc they'll be expecting to see. Its taking longer to work out what she can/can't do, likes/dislikes due to the short time she's with me.

I have ZERO chance of completing SEF between now and Friday if that's going to be the day they come so I guess we'll have to manage without it :o

angeldelight
30-09-2009, 06:22 AM
I agree if you ignore it she may turn up unexpected ha

Answer the call and tell her you are on holiday for the next week at least that will give you another week

Hope you are ok you sound like you have everything in order though

Angel xx

Demonjill
30-09-2009, 06:25 AM
Yep I think you need to answer the call and buy more time. Dont want them just turning up do you? lol

Good luck :thumbsup:

Chanelle
30-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I wouldn't ignore the calls for too long - they may just turn up!:eek:

Good luck for when you do pick up the phone!:D

lmao I havent been ignoring the phone, they just call when I am workjing at the Nursery lol ... I would answer but only ever call early mornings, which is strange because I have told them about 2 months ago when I asked when inspection was due, and told them that I am only working in the afternoons due to working at the nursery.