PDA

View Full Version : This variation is wrong isn't it???

donnagwynne
29-09-2009, 10:58 AM
I have been trying since mid August to get the right variation from Ofsted, this is the second attempt and I still think it is wrong.

I was registered for 4 under 8's, as my dd was 3 and ds 7. I had a variation two mornings per week.

My ds is now 8, my dd is now in full time school, because she is at school I do not need the variation anymore.

I thought that I would be registered for 5 under 8's, 3 in early years of which only one could be under one.

This is what is on my new certificate.....
The registered person:

may only care for such children from 09:30 until 13:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This exception applies until one of those named children is no longer in the early years age group or is no longer cared for by the childminder (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
must not provide overnight care (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register, voluntary part of the Childcare Register)
may exceed this ratio to allow 3 children in the early years age group for the children named on the variation request of 23rd April 2009 (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
may care for no more than 6 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
when caring for 4 or 5-year-old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (Early Years Register)

I have misunderstood somewhere or have they??

huggableshelly
29-09-2009, 11:29 AM
I wonder if Ofsted now state 6 under 8 knowing that you will know only to take 5 as your child is taking up one place but as you have said it doesnt seem to read right.

mine states
may care for no more than 5 children under 8 years ..
my son falls into my under 8's I would call and question what they mean by this as your son is under 8 and not sure if this means 5 plus your son or 6 plus your son.

you already know yourself what you can and cant do just get it double checked and corrected on paper and grr at them office people :laughing:

TheBTeam
29-09-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi, I am thinking that they have forgotten to include your own child who is under 8, and that you should have 3 under 5's and 2 5-8's.

Mcgons
29-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Sorry replied to the post but when I read it again it didn't make sense!:blush:

liza
29-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I thought that I would be registered for 5 under 8's, 3 in early years of which only one could be under one.

I would have expected that, unless you still want / need the variation to have extra, but doesn't sound like you need it anymore.

Liz

Zoomie
29-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I wonder who types these registration certs and who proofs them, cos it definitely isn't being done.

My DS2 turned 8 earlier this month.

When my new reg cert came through it said:

Condition 1: may not care for more than 5 children under 8, bla bla bla
Condition 2: may not care for more than 4 children under 8, bla bla bla
Condition 3: must not provide overnight care ...

:doh: :doh: Ofsted !

estrelas
29-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I wonder who types these registration certs and who proofs them, cos it definitely isn't being done.

My DS2 turned 8 earlier this month.

When my new reg cert came through it said:

Condition 1: may not care for more than 5 children under 8, bla bla bla
Condition 2: may not care for more than 4 children under 8, bla bla bla
Condition 3: must not provide overnight care ...

:doh: :doh: Ofsted !

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: