PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland paris

mumof1
26-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Me and dp are thinking of bringing our dd to here next march/april, was just wondering how many of you have been? wat hotel you stayed in? and wat you think of it, was it a good experience and most importantly was it expensive? we have know clue in wat to expect, but im sure its amazing :)

ORKSIE
26-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I have never been, But have friends who have and they loved it.

Chatterbox Childcare
26-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Really expensive...

A friend came back last week - took family of 3 adults and 2 children and one night their meal was £180.00!

I'll stick to Florida - it costs more to get there but cheaper in the long run!

Hebs
26-09-2009, 05:28 PM
i've been twice

once in nov for the christmas parades and again in march

it was nice weather wise in nov, nippy at night but dry
march it was freezing cold

we stayed at the Cheyenne first time was nice
explorers 2nd and it was fab as it has an indoor pool and small indoor ball pool area, nice to get away from the OTT parks :laughing:

for the meal to cost so much Debbie it must have been one of the posh restaurants :laughing:
we had breakfast and eveing meal in the hotel (was inc in cost) and lunch in the park ... usually a mcdonalds or pizza from there express places very cute and in the shape of mickey mouses head :clapping:

ORKSIE
26-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Really expensive...

A friend came back last week - took family of 3 adults and 2 children and one night their meal was £180.00!

I'll stick to Florida - it costs more to get there but cheaper in the long run!

:eek: :eek: to the £180.00 meal!

mumof1
26-09-2009, 06:06 PM
The deal that we are looking at includes all meals, and we would have a choice of 12 different restaurants :thumbsup:

Rasharoon
26-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I went February last year and it was fab. Bit chilly but not a problem. My boys - then age 9 & 5 - loved it. Bought the autograph book and they chased the characters around.
We went on Eurostar and did 3 nights 4 days. Did the deal where as it was birthday time for Disney, kids stayed for free. Stayed at the Sequoia hotel. Hotel did have a pool but quite small as the hotel is quite big and hectic - basic as well but not a problem as you are out all day. When booking, I bought the meal deal vouchers so you could eat in selected restaurants at a fraction of the price. Did buy ahead the Character Breakfast which is well worth doing.
Did eat out at the Rainforest Cafe but that cost an arm and leg and the food was bad - hopefully the chef has changed.
Going in February, although busy it wasn't manic. The longest I had to queue was for a ride on dumbo which lasted a couple of minutes and I queued for 45 minutes. The Tower of Terror was exactly that and I still don't think my boys have forgiven me. The aerosmith roller coaster though was amazing. Parades are out of this world.
If you get approached to go and listen to a boring presentation on holiday homes, take up the offer. We all went - boys went to a playroom - sat there with a salesperson, looked at some holiday homes and got paid £80 all for a couple of hours so in my opinion - result.
It is expensive so we didn't go mad buying toys, gifts etc although that extra £80 did help. If I remember rightly, the hotel was half board so you are only having to pay out for lunch and even then, it's mainly burger & chips so buying the vouchers helped.
Definately worth doing and having your photo taken with Mickey.
xx

OrlandoBelle
26-09-2009, 06:49 PM
I have never been, but when we were arranging our last Florida holiday we found it was cheaper than going to Paris.

There is lots of information on The Dibb. There's a link to Disneyland Paris on there.

www.thedibb.co.uk

Bevbeetle
26-09-2009, 06:58 PM
we went a few ago camped 5 mins away from disney it was brill we had every other day in the park because its so tiring, got good deal on ferry too we had 10 days camping, petrol, ferry cost us £400 .

Lady Haha
26-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I took my son in January just gone for his birthday. It was a bit nippy, but VERY quiet!!! The longest we had to wait for a ride was ten minutes. But this did mean I had to endure 'Its a Small World' ride FIVE times in one day cos he loved it so much! I would highly recommend going January if you can! You can pick and choose which ride to go on, no queuing. He met loads of characters and again didn't have to wait long to meet them and get autographs. I have around 20+ pics of him with different characters!

We stayed in Santa Fe, the posh one (cough cough). We were able to walk to the parks in 15 mins, so not that far! The hotel was nice enough, you are only going to sleep in it! And there were disney characters in the lobby every morning.

Food wise, I think Debbies friends must have gone to the top end of the scale on restaurants as you can do it alot cheaper! There is Macdonalds and as some one else said, mickey mouse shape pizza in Buzz Lightyear restaurant which was very reasonable. I paid around ten to twenty pounds max for both me and my son for our meals.

We went for four nights and it cost 430.00 for both of us inc flights, hotel and park tickets.

But anyway, every one told me I would love it there and they were right! It was a childhood dream come true for me!!!

wendywu
26-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I have been 6 times over the years.

I have stayed in the Cheyene, Santa Fe , Davey Crocket and last christmas we stayed in the Disney Land Hotel. Loved that one.

With the exchange rate things are more expensive. Debbies friends would have eaten in places with waiter service like Walts American Restaurant on main street. Also the one inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride is the same.

We have driven all except the last time when we took the Euro Star.

Still love Disney, waiting for the flights to come up with BA for october 2010. :clapping:

EllaBella
27-09-2009, 07:59 AM
my daughter and i went last october to dl paris, and loved it!!! we stayed in the meririan hotel about 10 miles away so cant comment on the on site hotels,

we had such a great time! there are disney shops EVERYWHERE and yes they are expensive, but we knew that anyway so was prepared. we went when the halloween theme was there, and the place did look beautiful! getting the characters to stop and sign the autograph book was a nightmare, other kids were pushing and shoving :eek: we didnt get anywhere so in the end we did too to get to the front:blush:

the parade at night was beautiful and the castle lights up , it really was pretty

and for all of you that love christmas, the hundred or so shops sell the most beautiful glass baulballs for your trees lol,

the food was well expensive , as was everything there but its to b expected i suppose, you cant exactly leave and get lucnh somewhere else, and they know this , hence their well thought out prices!!!

the tower of teror was evil, i broke my collarbone on it, and was a bit gutted cos it was the first ride we went on, so i walked around in agony for 2 days lol, i didnt tell my daughter as i didnt want to spoil the break, :laughing:

if you can get to see the action stunts in the other part thats well worth seeing, and also the mono rail is an excellent way of seeing the parks.

get a timetable when you get to the parks, and work out what you want to see, then get to the spot in good time or youll get lost behind the crowds!

have a fantastic time when you go x x

peanuts
27-09-2009, 08:59 AM
we stayed at the sequia lodge a few years ago. went for 5 days very exausting got up went to parks got back fell into bed, not a holiday. kids absolutely loved it. (ages of kids - 5/8/11). i went round with youngest and dh went with other 2 to the more daring rides. met up for lunch and tea. was definately not my idea of a holiday but kids loved it. Dont know the price as my mum paid for us to go.

Hebs
27-09-2009, 10:42 AM
I have never been, but when we were arranging our last Florida holiday we found it was cheaper than going to Paris.

:eek:

florida is much more expensive

was going to cost £4000+ (once we added the park passes on) for a week in florida for just me and 2 kids self catering

disneyland paris for 5 days flying from newcastle for 2 adults and 2 kids only cost £1200 and that inc breakfast and evening meal and ALL park passes

:laughing:

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2009, 12:17 PM
We are looking at Florida this Xmas, any ideas what the weathers like? :thumbsup:

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 12:33 PM
We are looking at Florida this Xmas, any ideas what the weathers like? :thumbsup:

We're off to Florida this December and from what has been said on the wonderful Dibb (my other home, when I'm not on here) the weather should be cool until about 10am then warming up to a good summers day here and then cooling about 6pm with not a lot of rain (touch wood).

How much :eek: Hebs, honestly it can be done a lot cheaper. We've got a 10 bed villa (for the four of us:blush: ) with pool, hot tub, games room etc, all our park tickets (Disney and Universal) and about $2,000.00 dollars spending money for a fortnight and its cost us about £5,000.00.

Sara

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2009, 12:47 PM
We're off to Florida this December and from what has been said on the wonderful Dibb (my other home, when I'm not on here) the weather should be cool until about 10am then warming up to a good summers day here and then cooling about 6pm with not a lot of rain (touch wood).

How much :eek: Hebs, honestly it can be done a lot cheaper. We've got a 10 bed villa (for the four of us:blush: ) with pool, hot tub, games room etc, all our park tickets (Disney and Universal) and about $2,000.00 dollars spending money for a fortnight and its cost us about £5,000.00.

Sara

Thankyou so much, will be looking into this more :thumbsup: x

Hebs
27-09-2009, 02:14 PM
its cost us about £5,000.00.

Sara

for that i could go to....

egypt for 2 weeks all inc
Goa for 1 week all inc
tenerife for 2 weeks inc money for food

i would never spend £5000 on just 1 holiday :panic: espicially when theres so much more of the world to see :D

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 02:20 PM

Goa for 1 week all inc

i would never spend £5000 on just 1 holiday :panic: espicially when theres so much more of the world to see :D

Ooh sounds good. Don't worry we do plan to see lots of other countries as well and our next big holiday is Australia to visit my best friend, though in the meantime its camping in Wales for us (some of our best holidays have been in Wales) but whilst the children are the age they are we wanted to give them a magical time and something they will remember for years to come.

Sara

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Thankyou so much, will be looking into this more :thumbsup: x

Come on over to the Dibb you will get loads of great advice and ideas.

Sara

Hebs
27-09-2009, 02:22 PM
we are going to go to florida once the harry potter theme park is up and running :thumbsup:

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 02:50 PM
we are going to go to florida once the harry potter theme park is up and running :thumbsup:

Oooh I might have an extra child for you to take:rolleyes: as dd is disappointed that this wont be open when we go (she is never completely satisfied:laughing: ). I will try and take some pics of it being built and will post them for you.

Sara

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2009, 03:04 PM

Not too bothered about hp :panic: can u guess im not a fan :D

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Come on over to the Dibb you will get loads of great advice and ideas.

Sara

Do i just google Dibb ? :blush:

Saranotts
27-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Do i just google Dibb ? :blush:

www.thedibb.co.uk lovely site for all things Disney.

Sara

LOOPYLISA
27-09-2009, 04:07 PM
www.thedibb.co.uk lovely site for all things Disney.

Sara

Brilliant thanks :clapping:

Toothfairy
27-09-2009, 04:43 PM
We've been 6 times :blush:

The first time we stayed in a Eurocamp site and drove in every day, I would never do that again, we were knackered!

Then we stayed in the Santa Fe, that was ok.
Then we stayed at Davy Crockets Ranch, the cabins were filthy, never again.
The next two times we stayed in the hotel New York, fantastic hotel, realy loved it.
The last time we went we stayed in the new Explorers Hotel, this was good as well.

We are a family of 5, 2 adults and 3 children (6,12,14) so we have trouble finding a room that sleeps five.

We have driven, flown and used Euro Star. Euro star was by far the best. We paid extra so that our luggage was taken to the hotel for us so that we could go straight into the park.

If you go, try to book the Wild West Show, its fantastic.
Also, try and book a character breakfast, this is the best way for the children to get autographs. The characters are mobbed in the park and the kids can't get near them.

It is expensive but the kids love it, we are thinking about going again next year.

edayhouse
27-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Well we are going next week, staying at the Sequia lodge hotel - there are 4 of us, me, husband and 2 boys aged 4 years 9 months and 3 years 6 months. We are going on a Dinner, bed and breakfast basis so will let you know how we get on when we get back (4 nights)

I am so excited!
x

mumof1
27-09-2009, 06:23 PM

There is lots of information on The Dibb. There's a link to Disneyland Paris on there.

www.thedibb.co.uk

Thanks for the link :thumbsup: gr8 site

wendywu
27-09-2009, 08:19 PM

Goa for 1 week all inc

I would and quite often do, it all depends on where you are in your life.

When the children were little we cut our cloth accordingly with our holidays.
Now at my time of life its only the best im afraid and often.
Its one if the perks of growing older and the children growing up. Payments going out of the house reducing in relation to money coming in.:)

Hebs
27-09-2009, 08:27 PM
oh believe me where holidays are concerned money is not an issue :thumbsup: got 3 booked and booking another next month when they go on sale :D

i don't drink/smoke/go out to pubs or clubs

i work for my holidays :laughing:

i can think of much better places to go on holiday, but maybe thats cos i've been to disneyland paris twice and i'm disneyed out :laughing:

wendywu
27-09-2009, 08:43 PM
A girl after my own heart :clapping: I have five booked at the moment and i am waiting for the Orlando flights to come on for next Oct.

I would rather go to Florida Disney for a main holiday but Paris is nice for a long weekend.

We want to go to Florida next Oct for Halloween and i wanted the Harry Potter Land to be open when i next go. Really looking forward to that. :)

Hebs
27-09-2009, 08:59 PM
We want to go to Florida next Oct for Halloween and i wanted the Harry Potter Land to be open when i next go. Really looking forward to that. :)

it's my mums fault cos she made me go to tenerife, been hooked on holidays abroad ever since :D

egypt in jan, tunisia in august, Goa in march 2011, tenerife in Oct 2011, then might do a cruise around the med (i think it is) cos i want to go to rome and pisa :D

mumof1
27-09-2009, 10:10 PM
When we go to disneyland paris nxt year, the next time we are away will be to our wedding in july 2011 in cyprus. We are goin for 2 weeks but spending 3 days in egypt, you can can go a mini cruise from cyprus to egypt, so looking forward to that :D

stressed
27-09-2009, 10:13 PM
Hi there, We went 1week before xmas, we stayed at the david crocket lodgies as these were only ones which catered for over 4 people they were basic but had everything you needed and we realy didnt spend much time in it. We had a fab time and couldnt falt anything except how cold it was but that couldnt be helped will defenatly be going back.

wendywu
27-09-2009, 11:03 PM
it's my mums fault cos she made me go to tenerife, been hooked on holidays abroad ever since :D

egypt in jan, tunisia in august, Goa in march 2011, tenerife in Oct 2011, then might do a cruise around the med (i think it is) cos i want to go to rome and pisa :D

Im suprised our paths have never crossed. So far this year we have done Dublin in March, Kuwait in April, Cyprus in May, Turkey in August, Barcelona in August, i have booked Vegas in Oct and Jersey in December.

Next year i have booked Pompei in April, Greece in May , Turkey in August and waiting to book Orlando in Oct.

Now mind you some of these trips are only weekends away, and DH does work for an airline so we get really discounted flights. And some like our flight to Vegas is a freebie.
I cant wait until i can retire and go and live abroad. :cool:

wendywu
27-09-2009, 11:04 PM

Im suprised our paths have never crossed. So far this year we have done Dublin in March, Kuwait in April, Cyprus in May, Turkey in August, Barcelona in August, i have booked Vegas in Oct and Jersey in December.

Next year i have booked Pompei in April, Greece in May , Turkey in August and waiting to book Orlando in Oct.

Now mind you some of these trips are only weekends away, and DH does work for an airline so we get really discounted flights. And some like our flight to Vegas are free.

LOOPYLISA
28-09-2009, 07:57 AM

Now mind you some of these trips are only weekends away, and DH does work for an airline so we get really discounted flights. And some like our flight to Vegas are free.

One of my close friends works for a airline :thumbsup: x

wendywu
28-09-2009, 08:51 AM
If its BA she works for lisa she can get you hotline tickets, i think Virgin do the same as well.

Our hot line tickets for Turkey next August were £130. return, which i did not think was bad. :thumbsup:

LOOPYLISA
28-09-2009, 09:49 AM
If its BA she works for lisa she can get you hotline tickets, i think Virgin do the same as well.

Our hot line tickets for Turkey next August were £130. return, which i did not think was bad. :thumbsup:

:clapping: It is BA :thumbsup:

wendywu
28-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Well i would make her my best best friend then :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
28-09-2009, 09:58 AM
Well i would make her my best best friend then :laughing:

She is a he :laughing:

Hes a 'nice boy ' .......... hes lovely :thumbsup:

wendywu
28-09-2009, 10:35 AM
She is a he :laughing: