PDA

View Full Version : am I ready?

mumx3
24-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I am due to have my grading inspection soon and I am really hoping to get a good...sounds a little ambitious for my first inspection but I have worked soo hard. I just dont want it to go wrong on the day.

Have I missed anything.... I have...

policies for everything I can think of, including equal ops, safeguarding, complaints, emergency evac, illness and injury, accident and emergency treatment, medicines, parent partnerships,

done risk assessments for house, garden, car, public transport and walking. Plus the regular toddler groups, park etc

Planned long term, half termly and weekly all linked to eyfs, each child is referred to on planning. Post Its added to planning stating additional activity for next week for each child in response to what they have learned this week.

Learning Journeys,..photographic evidence and informal observations which have specific "development matters" statements and EYFS area annotation and a comment for "next steps"

Display board with childrens work and annotations of what happened and what children said.

I have a complete NCMA tool kit with the contents filled out for each child approriately.

I have a menu up, my planning displayed, evac procedure, welcome in diff languages.

I have done a parents feedback survey, half termly news letter, and arranged parents consultation evening.

I am just not sure what else I need to do? I want to get everything in place so as when I get the call I am not up all night trying to sort stuff out.

Anything else?

Ripeberry
24-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Wow! You've done tons..well done :thumbsup: I can't think of what else you have missed out.
I've not even looked into planning as I have a 12 month old and only for almost 2 months..still getting to know him as he is starting to walk and talk.
Lots of pictures taken and some obs...just need to get them in some kind of order.
Oh yes, Have you done a fire drill?

Andrea08
24-09-2009, 09:18 PM
you need to ,,,,,RELAX hun xxx

look at your SEF is there anything you can mention?

good luck xxx

mumx3
24-09-2009, 09:56 PM
my sef is taking forever I am about half way through and I am really trying to get it done as I know it helps. But knackered too.

tashaleee
25-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Sounds like you have covered a lot... have sent you a PM as well :)

miffy
29-09-2009, 07:23 PM
I've just read your other thread!

You seem pretty organised so I'm sure you'll be fine

Miffy xx

Iroise
27-10-2009, 08:51 PM
That looks really good,
I think we need a visitor book and Complaints/compliments book?

All the best for your inspection,