PDA

View Full Version : what would you charge

daisyboo1980
23-09-2009, 01:41 PM
hi
just had a lady phone looking her daughters 7 and 18mths to be looked after on a wednesday evenin 5.30 - 9.30 she is desperate and has tried loads of childminders in are area but all said they wouldnt do it. im new to childminding and im seriously considering it have to speak to my partner first

thanks for ur help

wendywu
23-09-2009, 02:59 PM
I would charge £45. at least and that is low for this area.

But i would not do that late now.:(

Chimps Childminding
23-09-2009, 05:13 PM
hi
just had a lady phone looking her daughters 7 and 18mths to be looked after on a wednesday evenin 5.30 - 9.30 she is desperate and has tried loads of childminders in are area but all said they wouldnt do it. im new to childminding and im seriously considering it have to speak to my partner first

thanks for ur help

I would be charging at least double your normal hourly rate; but having said that I wouldn't want a 7 year old till 9.30 on a school night!!!!!!!:eek: (or is that 7 months and 18 months???:confused:)

daisyboo1980
23-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I would be charging at least double your normal hourly rate; but having said that I wouldn't want a 7 year old till 9.30 on a school night!!!!!!!:eek: (or is that 7 months and 18 months???:confused:)
thats 7 years old the girl has attends college and has no one im still deciding on wat to do im not sure yet

Chimps Childminding
23-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Not really any help I know, but I would have thought she would be better to get someone to look after the children in their own home. Then at least if they got tired they could be put to bed and not have to be disturbed at 9.30 pm, especially the older one who has to be up for school.

Sorry, like I said not really any help at all, especially to you!!:blush:

daisyboo1980
23-09-2009, 08:10 PM
spoke to the girl tonight and said i would do it she sound very young, coming on fri afternoon to meet me and i said we will take it from there and see wat happens
thank u all for the advice and help :)

Mollymop
23-09-2009, 09:20 PM
I can understand why other childminders wouldn't do it - it is late and my working day ends no later than 6pm, then i have to get my own children tea and ready for bed, etc.

If I were to do it I would charge at least £6 per hour, each child.

Hope it works out ok x

Cazz
23-09-2009, 09:30 PM
If I did it I would be charging my higher hourly rate (which is applicable outside normal childminding hours) which is £5.20 per hour so that would be £41.60 - having said that I would possibly round it up to £45.00 because of the disruption to my family for a whole evening.

Had you considered offering a babysitting service so that you could look after them in their own home? That way, as Carolyn said, at least they can go to bed which I think is important for a 7 year old who has school the next day.

daisyboo1980
24-09-2009, 06:38 AM
i dont have my own kids yet only my 2 dogs lol i was going to say to her that she drops them here at 5.30 and as i normal dont fininsh to 6 we stay here until i get children picked up and bits sorted then i will go to hers to put them to bed as i dont like the idea of them being that late either
i will let u no how it goes tomorrow
still deciding on a price as northern ireland is alot cheaper for child care im one of the dearest in my area and i charge £3.20 per hour but i think she will get it paid for her so i may sugguest £40 and see how it goes down

miffy
24-09-2009, 06:42 AM
I think it's a really good idea to take the children home so they can go to bed at their usual time and not be disturbed later.

Good luck - hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

AvrilMJS
24-09-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree. Taking the kids home would be a better idea. I had the same situation a month ago but we never went through with it as it was going to cost far too much, I would have been working 13h days. Only three days a week but the tax folk were no help. But I would have been putting the children to bed in her house.

Good luck with it.

daisyboo1980
24-09-2009, 11:06 AM
yeah will deffinately sugguest that to her on friday

Chimps Childminding
24-09-2009, 06:36 PM
i dont have my own kids yet only my 2 dogs lol i was going to say to her that she drops them here at 5.30 and as i normal dont fininsh to 6 we stay here until i get children picked up and bits sorted then i will go to hers to put them to bed as i dont like the idea of them being that late either
still deciding on a price as northern ireland is alot cheaper for child care im one of the dearest in my area and i charge £3.20 per hour but i think she will get it paid for her so i may sugguest £40 and see how it goes down

Great idea!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how you get on!:thumbsup:

Demonjill
25-09-2009, 09:38 PM
So how did it go?:)

mississmoomoo
28-09-2009, 10:26 AM

Dont you need to speak to Ofsted for permission to do this?

Minstrel
28-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Dont you need to speak to Ofsted for permission to do this?

Why would she need permission from Ofsted? I have done this in the past and Ofsted do not regulate babysitting.