PDA

View Full Version : Variation for 4 under 5s for 1.5h

Zoomie
23-09-2009, 11:09 AM
Please can someone advise me on my variation request.

I have the new form from Ofsted this is what I have put:

A. Description of change
Briefly describe the change you require: for example you wish to care for 4 children in the early years age group
I would like to care for 4 children in the early years group for 1.5 hours (1130 to 1300) from 2 November 2009 onwards.

B. Action plan

A1. Include a plan of your day and how the individual needs of each child will be met.
The time between 1130 and 1300 is always spent at home, as this is where we have naps and eat our lunch.
1100 – Planned nappy change time for all children.
1100 to 1230 - Is generally goes for a nap at this time. Is has her own bed in a bedroom upstairs, and she settles herself down for a nap.
1130 to 1300 – Sa generally goes for a nap at this time. Sa naps in a buggy located in another bedroom.
1100 J spends some quiet time with me (and Sa, if awake), where we read books, watch tv or play quietly with chosen toys.
At 1130 – Se would arrive. He would join in the activities that I am doing with the other children (reading stories, playing quietly in the lounge area). If he arrives tired or becomes tired, there is a camp cot and buggy available for use in another bedroom upstairs.
1145 I do spend a few minutes at this time, preparing lunch.
1200 J and Se have lunch
1230 – 1300 J is collected by mum
1230 – 1300 Is and Sa are woken from their naps, and we continue to have quiet time until 1300 when Sa has lunch.
Is usually has lunch at her own home, but food is always available should she ask.
1245 to 1300 - Is is collected by parent.

A2. Please detail the equipment you have. If additional equipment is required, please state below what equipment you will provide
For sleeping I have two single buggies, a single bed and a camp cot. All children have their own individual bedding.I have books available for our quiet reading time.TV is available, but only for a short period of time (30 mins).I have three booster seats, which sit at the table for meal times.

I have filled in the other bits with children contracted hours, but do you think this is okay. Have I demonstrated that I am meeting the individual needs of each child ?

RedDragon
23-09-2009, 11:20 AM
I will watch this thread with interest as I want to ask OFSTED exactly the same.:thumbsup:

Daftbat
23-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I think your info sounds good - you have obviously thought it through and have demonstrated how you intend to care for each child and meet their individual needs.

Alibali
23-09-2009, 12:58 PM
Sounds good to me, the only thought I had was about all children getting their nappies changed at same time, does this still show individual care? I don't know I just remember someone saying to me that we shouldn't have a 'nappy change time'

Zoomie
23-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Sounds good to me, the only thought I had was about all children getting their nappies changed at same time, does this still show individual care? I don't know I just remember someone saying to me that we shouldn't have a 'nappy change time'

Oh that is the time I change nappies if they haven't already been done in the morning. I do each child separately and my hands are washed inbetween. - Do you think I should include that ?

sweets
23-09-2009, 05:24 PM
i wouldnt put a nappy change time down just to be on the safe side. i would just change nappies as and when they need doing.

Zoomie
23-09-2009, 09:24 PM
i wouldnt put a nappy change time down just to be on the safe side. i would just change nappies as and when they need doing.

good point. i have taken it out.

thank goodness i copied the info from my variation form onto this forum. I just went back to it and discovered it was blank. I had forgotten to save it. :rolleyes: