PDA

View Full Version : Large Christmas Activity Ideas?

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Last year a forum member made some fantastic calendars using pictures and hand prints which I did and gave to my parents.

I am struggling this year to think of something else, so has anyone any ideas?

Gherkin
21-09-2009, 01:47 PM
We did reindeer pics using a footprint for the face and two handprints for the ears. We then cut them out and stuck them on christmas cards. Not sure if that helps.

Mouse
21-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Last year I bought small plain canvas bags and the mindees decorated them for their mums (fabric pens & crayons, glued on fabric shapes etc).

For the dads they decorated plastic containers (the sort that takeaway food comes in) and we made marzipan yule logs to put in them.

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Thank you

Anythng else planned for this year by anyone?

I know that it is early but I need inspiration.

Angela234
21-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Our most popular calenders were a photo with marbling ink frame and laminated every one turned out different

Chatterbox Childcare
21-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Our most popular calenders were a photo with marbling ink frame and laminated every one turned out different

Brilliant idea - must find a box now

Thanks

PixiePetal
21-09-2009, 04:58 PM
I only have one mindee at the moment and plan on taking him to our local painting pottery shop so he can decorate something small for parents. It costs £2 to go and use the paint etc then have it fired. Items cost anything from about £5 upwards on top of the £2.

Would cost a lot if you have lots of mindees though :rolleyes:

This is my local one -

http://www.ceramicscafe.com/CeramicsCafe/Burgess_Hill.html

Monkey1
29-09-2009, 05:36 AM
I have bought some white t towels and some fabric crayons for the children to draw a picture of themselves. I like the bag idea, where did you get them from?

Hebs
22-10-2009, 12:55 PM
we are making snowmen and santa pompoms :clapping:

just need more ideas for a BIG activity

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
22-10-2009, 02:07 PM
we are going to decorate our own xmas cakes to give to mums and dads, aswell as christmas tree decoractions that you can put in pictures of the mindees.

Theres a fab craft shop on line called baker ross, ive just brought loads of different craft actitives from there.

http://www.bakerross.co.uk/?src=AW&ref=90489

hope the link works

Daisy1956
20-11-2009, 02:39 PM
My mindees are decorating boxes and putting white chocolate and cranberry Fudge (recipe in Tesco magazine)

Blackhorse
20-11-2009, 03:00 PM
we are making paper machee santa boots (using childrens wellies as models) and we will fill them with decorations...
they will also get painted on the outside

you could make a gigantic one using an adult size boot...

we will also make a gingerbread house and a nativity scene made from saltdough which will then be painted.

we will also decorate the window with winter scenes and xmas stuff in window colour and I am getting some large pieces of card to paint winter scenes on them and then using angel's homemade glitter snow paint to make them nice and snowy

I also got a few bits and pieces to make christmas tree decorations

then we will make some xmas cookies and other treats for the LO's to take home...
some of these things we will be doing at our xmas party that I am organising for the kids...we will do this on a saturday so we dont have to go and do a school run or go to a nursery..parents didnt mind their kids being here for a couple of hours on a saturday (for free) either...LOL

not sure if any of this is of any help

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 05:04 PM
OK you can't get much bigger than this one lol

A lifesize (childsized!) Gingerbread house, made from cardboard boxes decorated with glitter and pasta shapes and packaging noodles etc.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-11-2009, 05:13 PM
OK you can't get much bigger than this one lol

A lifesize (childsized!) Gingerbread house, made from cardboard boxes decorated with glitter and pasta shapes and packaging noodles etc.

How are you going to decide who takes it home? :laughing:

Pudding Girl
20-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Sorry just saw Large activities and didn't realise you meant gifts, didn't read other replies :blush:

carlen222
21-11-2009, 11:27 AM
as my mindees are all 10-14 months we are going to make mum and dad canvases with hand/foot prints on them and snow globes with pic of child on inside. (both purchased from baker ross) for xmas cards im going to make santa clauses with white upside down handprints and stick on a red santa hat and some cotton wool on top of the 'finger' beard xx

Hebs
21-11-2009, 09:45 PM
all my mindees have painted a mug (they were £2.99 for 2 in our local B&M store) :thumbsup:

also made calanders too,

christmas cards over the next few weeks :clapping:

TheBTeam
21-11-2009, 09:55 PM
as my mindees are all 10-14 months we are going to make mum and dad canvases with hand/foot prints on them and snow globes with pic of child on inside. (both purchased from baker ross) for xmas cards im going to make santa clauses with white upside down handprints and stick on a red santa hat and some cotton wool on top of the 'finger' beard xx

Like this idea, might have to pinch this! With the reindeer idea too! As a large non present activity we are decorating a 6ft cardboard christmas tree!

tinynippers
22-11-2009, 10:49 AM
its not very xmassie but what i did every year as pressie for parents from the children (also perfect for mothers or fathers day) is either make a little box or buy a small gift box let the child decorate it how they want (glitter drawings gems etc etc) then tie a ribbon round with a nice little bow. then you can stick the poem on (will add the poem shortly) or what i do is make a tiny envelope and the fold the poem up and put it inside.

as i'm not re-reg yet my dd has made one for grandad, one for nanna, one for great nanny and we are now making one for her pre school teacher.

poem is as follows:

THIS IS A VERY SPECIAL GIFT
THAT YOU CAN NEVER SEE.
THE REASON IT’S SO SPECIAL IS,
ITS’S JUST FOR YOU, FROM ME.
WHENEVER YOU ARE HAPPY,
OR EVEN FEELING BLUE.
YOU ONLY HAVE TO HOLD
THIS GIFT AND KNOW
I THINK OF YOU.
YOU NEVER CAN UNWRAP IT
PLEASE LEAVE THE RIBBON TIED.
JUST HOLD THE BOX CLOSE
TO YOUR HEART,
IT’S FILLED WITH LOVE INSIDE.

the parents always thought it was so a lovely personal gift.

Chatterbox Childcare
22-11-2009, 12:35 PM
its not very xmassie but what i did every year as pressie for parents from the children (also perfect for mothers or fathers day) is either make a little box or buy a small gift box let the child decorate it how they want (glitter drawings gems etc etc) then tie a ribbon round with a nice little bow. then you can stick the poem on (will add the poem shortly) or what i do is make a tiny envelope and the fold the poem up and put it inside.

as i'm not re-reg yet my dd has made one for grandad, one for nanna, one for great nanny and we are now making one for her pre school teacher.

poem is as follows:

THAT YOU CAN NEVER SEE.
WHENEVER YOU ARE HAPPY,
OR EVEN FEELING BLUE.
YOU ONLY HAVE TO HOLD
THIS GIFT AND KNOW
I THINK OF YOU.
YOU NEVER CAN UNWRAP IT
JUST HOLD THE BOX CLOSE
TO YOUR HEART,

I have saved the words thank you

manjay
22-11-2009, 12:42 PM
I am going to give the papier mache welly boots a go! Thanks for that idea:thumbsup: Then we will fill with sweets the children have made:clapping:

ORKSIE
22-11-2009, 01:02 PM

poem is as follows:

THAT YOU CAN NEVER SEE.
WHENEVER YOU ARE HAPPY,
OR EVEN FEELING BLUE.
YOU ONLY HAVE TO HOLD
THIS GIFT AND KNOW
I THINK OF YOU.
YOU NEVER CAN UNWRAP IT
JUST HOLD THE BOX CLOSE
TO YOUR HEART,

This is one I am gonna do. Lovely idea:thumbsup: