PDA

View Full Version : I met a lovely Ofsted Inspector today

Chatterbox Childcare
19-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I went to our Regional Forum today and we had a lovely lady come from Poole to give us some hints and tips.

A lot of the information was stuff that we already knew but it was nice having it confirmed, from the horses mouth so to speak.

She pointed out that under the EYFS you do not have to have written policies but under the other two registers you do but there are only three and these are listed on the website.

Risk assessments needs to be done for everywhere - including every park or toddler group that you attend.

Planning does not have to be in writing and nor do observations. They just want to know where the child started in the EYFS, where they are now and where they are going. If you can show this verbally then it is ok.

ORKSIE
19-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Thanks Debbie.:thumbsup:

Playmate
19-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Thanks for sharing that Debbie, its always nice to get some clarification. :clapping:

jibberjitz
20-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Thanks for that Debbie :thumbsup: I definately need to re-look at my RA's then!!:(

Pippa31
21-09-2009, 06:23 PM
WOW....

So every time I see my co ordinater and she bangs on about paperwork etc I should tell her its all LIES....:clapping:

clorogue
21-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Thank you Debbie - would be nice if we had her!! Shame it is all so insonsistent though - one person says one thing, another person says another!

It's a small world
21-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks Debbie

Better get some more RAs done then.......

estrelas
22-09-2009, 08:34 PM
I went to our Regional Forum today and we had a lovely lady come from Poole to give us some hints and tips.

A lot of the information was stuff that we already knew but it was nice having it confirmed, from the horses mouth so to speak.

She pointed out that under the EYFS you do not have to have written policies but under the other two registers you do but there are only three and these are listed on the website.

Risk assessments needs to be done for everywhere - including every park or toddler group that you attend.

Planning does not have to be in writing and nor do observations. They just want to know where the child started in the EYFS, where they are now and where they are going. If you can show this verbally then it is ok.

Thanks Debbie xx
I thought toddler groups done their own? Thinking about it i probably should do one ! Never occoured to me :blush:

miffy
22-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks for that Debbie

Miffy xx

Carol
23-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Thanks Debbie

xxxx

patevans
23-09-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks Debbie :thumbsup:

I have got 100's of obs on voice recorder wish they could be used instead of having to write them all out!!