PDA

View Full Version : Website hosting - low cost

Pauline
19-09-2009, 02:31 PM
As many of you know I already build websites for childminders: www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

But I wanted to let you all know that I now offer low cost hosting only at just £20 per year. YES per year, that is less than £2.00 per month

So if you know how to build your own site and upload using FTP but can't find suitable hosting just let me know.

You will have your own FTP log in username and password and can upload as often as you want.

:)

sarah707
19-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Errr, sorry Pauline... but what exactly do you mean? :o

Is it like you doing the job of a company like Freewebs only much better and more reliably... or is it something else?

And you've lost me completely with FTP log ins :rolleyes:

Oh gosh ask me one on the Eyfs quickly somebody!! I feel really daft! :laughing: :D

Pauline
19-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Errr, sorry Pauline... but what exactly do you mean?

Is it like you doing the job of a company like Freewebs only much better and more reliably... or is it something else?

And you've lost me completely with FTP log ins

Sorry I didn't explain because I thought if you were able to do it you would know what I meant :laughing:

No it is not like freewebs, it is if someone can build their own site by writing their own HTML or using a site builder such as Front Page or some other programme on their own computer, once finished they will then need to be able to host the site somewhere.

To upload a website to the hosting you need to transfer the files to it by FTP - File Transfer Protocol. So I can provide the access to do that.

There - clear as mud :)

Monkey1
20-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Sorry I didn't explain because I thought if you were able to do it you would know what I meant :laughing:

No it is not like freewebs, it is if someone can build their own site by writing their own HTML or using a site builder such as Front Page or some other programme on their own computer, once finished they will then need to be able to host the site somewhere.

To upload a website to the hosting you need to transfer the files to it by FTP - File Transfer Protocol. So I can provide the access to do that.

There - clear as mud :)

:confused: :confused: :confused:

huggableshelly
30-10-2009, 09:49 PM
yay I get it!

I do not have a cm website but do use .... err well did use a hosting site that my yearly subscription has just ran out on.
I'm kinda looking around without making much of an effort as I no longer need a website as such, its just a personal home page for the kids computer so no adverts etc.

might be coming your way Pauline, when I get myself into action and rebuild a new page of 2.

stepbystep
19-01-2010, 06:08 PM
As many of you know I already build websites for childminders: www.childminderswebsites.co.uk

But I wanted to let you all know that I now offer low cost hosting only at just £20 per year. YES per year, that is less than £2.00 per month

So if you know how to build your own site and upload using FTP but can't find suitable hosting just let me know.

You will have your own FTP log in username and password and can upload as often as you want.

Hi Pauline, hope all is well, a friend of mine has designed me a website but all the hosting sites are so expensive, I am keen to get up and running, can you help if so how and how soon!
kind regards Janine
P.S can you remind me how i can become a full member on here please!
x:littleangel:

Pauline
19-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Pauline, hope all is well, a friend of mine has designed me a website but all the hosting sites are so expensive, I am keen to get up and running, can you help if so how and how soon!
kind regards Janine
P.S can you remind me how i can become a full member on here please!
x:littleangel:

Hi Janine

If you would like to email me we can talk about what you need etc. my address is:

info@childmindinghelp.co.uk

As regards full member access you need to see the members area:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61