PDA

View Full Version : Voucher payments back to parents?

fridaysoff
18-09-2009, 02:03 PM
hi there everyone,

does anyone know the answer? I have a parent who went on holiday and didn't pay her invoice (2 children, 1 a new baby) She came back and used busy bees account where she has accrued some funds. The payment didn't come through. So two weeks later I say she will have to pay by cheque as I need the money and cannot continue to care for children with no payment. She wrote cheque and I have cashed. She now says she is going to get Busy bees to make the payment (which somehow got delayed) and wants me to receive the funds and take the equivalent cash out of my bank and pay her back as she says she has no money. I said I wasn't sure I could do it and she got stroppy.... are we supposed to do this? I'd have to show it on accounts...and if not does anyone know why not... on the spot I couldn't think of any reason:(

But I really don't want to have to be spending the time to sort it out or get asked to do it again. I don't go to the bank with all the children and its over the withdrawl ammount. I'd really appreciate any comments, am I being unreasonable?

Mouse
18-09-2009, 02:09 PM
You cannot refund parents if they pay you by voucher. the refund needs to come back via the issuing company.

I'm sure if you look on the Busy Bees website it says it somewhere. I'd print it off & show it to her.

She needs to contact BusyBees to arrange to get her money back from them.

Alibali
18-09-2009, 02:48 PM
It would be more difficult to pay back the voucher payment, but surely you can pay back the amount given by cheque? She has paid you twice so will be entitled to it back. Just write through your books re payment for overpaid fees:thumbsup:

Minstrel
18-09-2009, 07:32 PM
It would be more difficult to pay back the voucher payment, but surely you can pay back the amount given by cheque? She has paid you twice so will be entitled to it back. Just write through your books re payment for overpaid fees:thumbsup:

I agree- she's paidby cash so just take the busy bees money as fees and refund the cheque amount. no problem ther and def not illegal :thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
18-09-2009, 08:22 PM
You can't refund voucher payments as this means the parents wont pay tax and NIC's on the amount, I agree though about giving back the cheque money.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2009, 09:03 PM
Yep give the money back one the cheque has cleared.

miffy
18-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I agree- she's paidby cash so just take the busy bees money as fees and refund the cheque amount. no problem ther and def not illegal :thumbsup:

This seems the simplest way to sort it out.

Miffy xx