PDA

View Full Version : variation

kellsni
18-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi I had a parent com on Wednesday night looking childcare for 2 children aged 4mths and 4y, she has just moved here and has no space yet at the schools for the 4y old, the problem is that I already have an 11mth old and an 18mth old and my son 2y old and my daughter 5y old.

Monday- 11mth 7.30-11 then 18mth 2.30-6
Tuesday- 11mth 7.30-12 then 18mth 2.30-6
Wednesday 11mth 7.30-11 then 18mth 2.30-6
Thursday - 18mth 2.30-6
Friday- 18mth 2.30-6

taking on these 2 children would mean I would be over at the times above and also would have 2 under 1's in the morning just for another couple of weeks as the 11mth old would turn 1. This parent is wanting full-time and is wanting it to start on Monday :eek: I know short notice. I have sent Ofsted an Variation form by email last night but they say it could take up to 2-6 weeks in which time I may not need it.

Now to my question, Could I take on the 2 children and just get let the parent pay for one, then pay for both children when I am in numbers just till the little boy gets a school place then I can take over the 4mth old, or can't I do this as my numbers would still be over whether she is paying our not, as I have heard people say if they are not paying then it is OK is this true? Also my partner is at home full-time so would have full responsibly of our son.

Sorry if this all does not make since :blush:

Thanks Kelly

FussyElmo
18-09-2009, 01:50 PM
If you take the children on you will be over your numbers, there is no way round it. Even if she pays for one the other child will be your responsability and this voids your insurance etc. Ofsted wont take into consideration that your dh will be there. (We have to be careful that having our own childrens friends round doesnt take us over our numbers)

Re reading it you already have 3 under 5's. Cant see ofsted giving you a variation for 5 under 5's anyway not if you are working on your own.

Sorry.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-09-2009, 04:37 PM
The way I read it you will have 5 under 5's including your own and Ofsted won't allow that

little daisies
19-09-2009, 05:48 PM
the only way i can see around it would be when you are over your numbers your husband would have to take your son out untill 1 went home and then he could come back again

FizzysFriends
19-09-2009, 05:51 PM
the only way i can see around it would be when you are over your numbers your husband would have to take your son out untill 1 went home and then he could come back again

Your own children are counted in your numbers even if they aren't with you so this wouldn't work and it would still make her over her numbers.

kellsni
20-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Thanks for your reply's but Ofsted have not got back, I did offer to have 1 child as I would still be in numbers but was no answer.