PDA

View Full Version : Updating your SEF - a warning

sarah707
18-09-2009, 07:08 AM
This has come from the Ncma...

The new Self Evaluation forms will come online on the 19th October.

However, it has come to our attention, that there have been some concerns raised on this .

Some of our volunteers have been informed that their existing SEF information could be deleted if they click on the new SEF icon.

We have posted this development on our website, and seeking clarification on the issue from OFSTED.

Once we have some further information then we will let you know. Any other further queries then please do get in touch.

Kind regards

James Atkins Volunteer Officer

www.************* Switchboard - 0845 880 0044

So, before doing anything with the new Sef please back up the old one!!

You will need a lot of the old one to feed into the new questions!

Thank you Christine for passing on the letter :D

Ripeberry
18-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll wait until the 19th October then for the new SEF. Thanks for the warning :)

miffy
18-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the warning Sarah

Miffy xx

mum2two
18-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the warning! Does the mean though, that from 19th Oct we have to re-do them... or do the ones we've already submitted still count?

x

sarah707
18-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the warning! Does the mean though, that from 19th Oct we have to re-do them... or do the ones we've already submitted still count?

x

The one you have submitted is enough according to the letter I got from Ofsted.

My friend was asked in her inspection the other day when she was doing the new one...

She answered that she would do it as part of her 6 monthly evaluation schedule and the inspector must have been impressed...

She got outstanding.

:D

mumof4
18-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the warning:)

caroljayne
22-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Thanks for this Sarah, I thought the new SEF had gone live online - decided this morning to make a start but then got a bit side tracked as you do. Think I will wait until Oct now.
I have ordered your e-book as well :-)
Thanks
Carol
XxXxX

It's a small world
22-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Thansk Sarah. I will wait till 19 Oct..Gives me chance to update some other things.

sarah707
22-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Thanks for this Sarah, I thought the new SEF had gone live online - decided this morning to make a start but then got a bit side tracked as you do. Think I will wait until Oct now.
I have ordered your e-book as well :-)
Thanks
Carol
XxXxX

oh Thank you Carol!

A friend of mine had her inspection the other day and her action for improvement is to do the new Sef when it comes out! :rolleyes: :D

nic76
22-09-2009, 06:04 PM
just ordered some bits from sarah. forms look scary need help. thicko here:D

sarah707
22-09-2009, 06:48 PM
just ordered some bits from sarah. forms look scary need help. thicko here:D

Don't say that about yourself! :(

It's a really hard form and lots of people struggle... even more have put it in the cupboard and keep ignoring it!!

Don't forget, it's not compulsory but it will help if you want to aim towards a better grading... combined with all the good practice you already do.

I try to think of it as a way of showing off how good we all are :D

estrelas
22-09-2009, 08:38 PM
SEF must finish.. SEF must finish... SEF must finish...... SEF must finish :panic: :panic: :panic:

Thanks Sarah :)

Zoomie
22-09-2009, 08:49 PM
My SEF progress:

1. Get SEF online - done
2. Order Sarah's book - done
3. Print Sarah's book :eek: