PDA

View Full Version : Back to square one re working together...

mum2two
17-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Well, you may recall earlier in the year me & hubby had issues with the wording on our cert, meaning, that one school runs etc, whoever hasn't got DS was over numbers...

Calls, letters, e-mails, NCMA stuff went backwards & forwards, and in the end our certs were amended to say we can have 3 under 5's for school/preschool runs. (normally only allowed 2 as of DS!!)

Ofsted lady called me & said it was fine, & I just had to keep them informed if the children in our care changed, as it says 'as named on the variation request', so I had to keep them up to date. No new vert would be needed, it's just so they have the details on record.

Well, Sept comes, kids change, school etc, so I e-mail them. Had a call today, and the policies have changed. They will accept it on this occasion, as that was what was agreed previously, but they will have to send me a new cert (saying exactly the same thing as my current one, just Sept date, and in the future, it will have to be treated as a variation request!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

We can't work like that! We need to be able to be full to make a decent living from it. If I lose a child, what if I get an enquiry for a replacement needed the following day (we all know it does happen...)? We have the space, but on school runs etc, we don't, and have to wait up to 14 days for ofsted to reply & then send new certs etc...

Contacted NCMA, as something needs to be sorted. Surely we're not the only couple doing it, with a child under 5...

Grrrrrrrr - moan over - for now...! :rolleyes:

sarah707
17-09-2009, 07:58 PM
They are currently taking up to 12 weeks to process variations... so you need to get it sorted quickly I would say.

Good luck! :D

mum2two
17-09-2009, 08:09 PM
They are currently taking up to 12 weeks to process variations... so you need to get it sorted quickly I would say.

Good luck! :D

I'm going to need it!!! I just haven't got the energy for it at the momene... :rolleyes:

Surely it's not rocket science that they need to re-think certs for couples with under 5's of their own, working together...

xx

miffy
18-09-2009, 04:45 PM
You surely can't be the only couple in the country this affects so there has to be a simpler way of sorting it out :panic:

I'd put everything in writing as a letter of complaint - you might stand more chance of getting it sorted then.

Good luck - it all sounds a right pain in the proverbial :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
19-09-2009, 07:31 PM
We have the same issue with our dd who affects our over 5 numbers, but hoping that as she is 7 1/4 by the time our situation changes she will be 8!! We go to separate schools to pick up and are allowed 2 x 5-8 each, it only works because my dh picks up 3 children but only 2 are under 8, and I pick up the other under 8 we have plus our dd from another school!!