PDA

View Full Version : Reservation fee`s ????

bex8282
17-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Hello there Just had enquiry for Next September 2010, Before and After School.
She has insisted to pay for the place to be Resevered, but I now have`nt a clue what To Charge her ???

Could someone please Help Thank You :)

The Juggler
17-09-2009, 12:47 PM
that's a really long time. Retainers are normally anywhere up to 50% depending on whether people can wait. Can you afford to only have half pay for that long? could she afford to pay you?

If it were me I'd tell her you would lose too much money and it would cost her too much when she's not using the space.

Or you could agree it and let her pay retainer, then advertise for a short-term after schooler (fixed term until next September). If you fill the space, she can drop paying you the retainer for the rest of the period (just make sure you take a deposit from her) and you will get paid.

You never know by Sept 2010 you might be able to keep your temporary one and take on this lady's child/ren.

LOL

Chatterbox Childcare
18-09-2009, 07:31 AM
I would ask for 50% retainer if under 8 but if over 30% as you space is still free.

Minstrel
18-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I thought retainer fees could only be paid for a max of 12 weeks? Although i have no idea where i got that from??????

Pipsqueak
18-09-2009, 01:36 PM
How about just taking a substantial deposit - only refundable if you can't offer the place on the terms agreed

cuffleygirl
18-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I think I'd also go the deposit route if over 8, its a long time to know what you will be doing. Under 8 not sure you would have a free space but aren't maximising income either?