PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted can reduce you to a seething mass

Pipsqueak
16-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Its official they are seriously peeing me off now.

Following on from my kerfuffle about ratios, rising 5's and need (or not) for a variation - I orginally spoke to a nice (but dim) man on Friday just gone who told me all I needed to know - I asked him for email confirmation of what he told me and he said I needed to email and ask for the email confirmation.

So I did - only for them to totally ignore my question and quote EYFS at me.
Part of which I have posted on here to clarify 'rising 5'. So I emailed again asking for clarification of what the bloke told me, in exactly the way I explained it on the phone and how he told me to write it on email.

They have finally emailed me back to say i need to complete the form attached (to the email) and they can then decide if I need to apply for a variation (even though I already know I will do)

:huh: :huh: someone somewhere is having a laf at me surely!

:angry: no wonder it takes so long to get a variation if they need to be talked to, emailed several times and a pro-forma filled in just to decide if I need to apply for the variation. talk about jobsworths and red tape

sarah707
16-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Now you know how I feel trying to get an answer out of them! :laughing:

1. Quote the standards...

2. Quote some more of the standards... EVEN WHEN I SAY I UNDERSTAND THE STANDARDS

3. Ignore the next email

4. Refer the question to the directorate who write to me like I am 3 and still rarely answer the question...

Welcome to my world :D

madasahatter
16-09-2009, 06:47 PM
........an then it takes 3 attempts before they send you the correct certificate with the correct times that you applied for and that they agreed when they phoned you to discuss your variation request.

I got one ofsted numpty a short while since who had not come across the term 'continuity of care' as a reason for applying for a variation.

Pipsqueak, you have my deepest sympathies!

Tinglesnark
16-09-2009, 07:15 PM
why are they so intent on making life as hard as possible ?

Sleeping Baby
19-09-2009, 09:51 AM
why are they so intent on making life as hard as possible ?

Got to fill there day some how :rolleyes: