PDA

View Full Version : Am I still classed as a childminder if........

Paddysgirl
16-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Hello,
This is my first time in here, so be gentle :-p

I was previously a registered childminder from my own home a few years ago, I am now looking at starting up again, as I miss it so much BUT I am looking at working from a mobile premises around the corner from me, I just wanted to check that I would still be classed as a childminder? even though I wouldnt be working from my own home?

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for reading!

Daftbat
16-09-2009, 03:46 PM
I think you need to speak to ofsted about this. I personally would think you wouldn't be classed as a childminder.

Pipsqueak
16-09-2009, 03:49 PM
hello and welcome.

ditto to what Penny says:D

sophiestars
16-09-2009, 04:03 PM
I thought you could still be classed as a childminder and it changes to a nursery if there are more than 3 staff? May be wrong..........:huh:

HomefromHome
16-09-2009, 04:15 PM
i tend to agreee with the last one... thought you were a childminder until you had 3 or more staff. i know 2 childminders who work together, who work in a house solely used for minding (it was left to one of them in a will). they are graded individually. ofsted will still need to inspect the mobile but because you are working on your own you are a child minder.:)

Princess Sara
16-09-2009, 04:32 PM
A childminder is registered to look after one or more children under the age of eight on domestic premises for reward and for a total of more than 2 hours in any day.

Domestic premises would not be a mobile premises unless it was a caravan/trailer thing that you lived in. You can ring Ofsted to check, but I'm pretty sure this would be a no. But ring them for a better answer.

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
16-09-2009, 04:43 PM
i think if the premises is souly used for the care of children and was not a lived in premises then u will not be classed as a childminder