PDA

View Full Version : What to charge for child hols in school hols for schoolies

Zoomie
16-09-2009, 11:03 AM
I have a mindee who is starting school.

I have changed his contract to reflect this, saying what the school day rate is but also mentioning that school hols (and closure days etc) will be at my hourly rate.

Anyhow was thinking that he is definitely going to be taking his holidays with his parents during the school holidays. Now I don't charge for my holidays (which will be in the school holidays too) but if he takes time off when I am working, should I charge the school day rate or the holiday day rate ???

Am I making sense ?

huggableshelly
16-09-2009, 11:40 AM
if he was still a fulltimer what would you normally charge for his hols?

if you charge half fees as normal for hols then during school hols you charge him half fee for the full time wk as its booked in contracted hours.

my term time/ ft holdiay child gives me 4 wks notice of their hols minimum so i do not charge them as i can fill the spaces but any less than 4 wks and they pay full fee for the wk they are away.

Chatterbox Childcare
16-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I would suggest that you should have contracted yourself for hours in term time on your contract and in the additional information add that they are also contracted for 14 weeks holidays and TTD. If you are working then they pay the rate of when they take them and if it falls in the holidays then they pay that rate.