PDA

View Full Version : Restrictive Covenant "HELP"

Bendy
15-09-2009, 09:01 PM
As I'm such an honest person I've notified all the following about my new adventure into Childminding.

Car Insurance, Buildings & Contents, Inland Revenue, Environmental Health, Planning Department and Mortgage Company. (Hope I haven't missed anyone)

This has now raised the question as to whether I am able to run a business from my home as I have a restrictive convenant on the title deeds stating residential use only no business use. (Information found out by me whilst looking through paperwork collected from our move in 2005)

Has anyone else come across this :( . I'm now assuming I'm in breach of that and I'm not sure of the next course of action. If I ignore will this be raised by either Planning Department or Mortgage Company. I had to write to both informing them of my business.

I did do some research on internet and apparently you can buy an indemnity insurance in case the person who placed the restrictive convenant whats to make a claim. How much is that gonner :censored: cost.

I feel like :crying:

Bendy

margimum
16-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Sorry, no ideas here.
You say you've informed contents insurance people?
Some don't cover registered childminders, so I would ckeck this thoroughly.
You don't want to find out you're not covered if you have to make a claim:eek:

miffy
16-09-2009, 06:41 AM
I don't know either, sorry.

I think you need some legal advice, might save a lot of trouble later

Miffy xx

sarah707
16-09-2009, 06:50 AM
You can get 30 mins free legal phone advice from many solicitors...

I suggest you give a big company a call and see if they are in the scheme.

Good luck with it all :D

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
16-09-2009, 07:37 AM
or try your local citizens advice they might be able to help

Straws
16-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Hi
I had the same on my house deeds, I phoned the local planning department, and they said although its a business I will be running they dont really class it as business use unless registered for more than 6, and then I would have to have planning permission for change of use, Hope this helps

Straws xx

Bendy
16-09-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi
I had the same on my house deeds, I phoned the local planning department, and they said although its a business I will be running they dont really class it as business use unless registered for more than 6, and then I would have to have planning permission for change of use, Hope this helps

Straws xx

Thanks Straws that sounds quite promising. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope that once mortgage company and planning department get back to me they don't see it as a problem.

Will give an update once I know where I stand. :)

bubs
28-04-2016, 08:05 AM
Hi

Straws xx

Just wondering if you ever got this sorted?