PDA

View Full Version : Enquiry for Jan 2010.....

Tiger Lilly
14-09-2009, 08:47 PM
Ok here goes....
I have has a enquiry for Jan start, for a baby which will be 10 months old .
However i have two familys coming for a visit this week with (both)9 month olds(i know i can only have one under a year).

So if i take on one 9 month old which will be 12 months old by Jan, can i still hold the place for the 10 month old to start in Jan and charge a retainer fee. or deposit............
:eek:
HELP........I really need mindees, i only have one and she is leaving me in two weeks to start school full time.:eek:

Annie_T
14-09-2009, 09:20 PM
if one is 12 months they will come into your over 1's under 3's

the 10month will be your 1 under 1

so yea you can mind both

well thats what i think anyhow, as you wont be minding one till jan it wont come into your numbers til then

does that make sense ? .. hope so x

im sure soemone come along soon and correct me or not

sweets
14-09-2009, 09:44 PM
i may be wrong but i think you can only charge a retainer if the place is available and with your situation its not as both babies would be under 1. you could charge a deposit though. thats what i'd do anyway as retainers can be a bit offputting for parents and could be a lot of money for them to find whilst on maternity.

suzyblue
15-09-2009, 06:26 AM
Yes I agree with sweets. If you charge a retainer then you are keeping their space and they could use it if they wanted. You should charge a deposit instead. I charge half of the first months fees which then comes off the first bill.
Sue x

Chatterbox Childcare
15-09-2009, 07:12 AM
You cannot take a retainer for a space that isn't available but you can charge a non refundable deposit which comes off of your first bill.

youarewhatyoueat
15-09-2009, 08:52 PM
You could also get a variation and take on both 9 month olds at the same time which is what I did and its been really easy having them together, when they turned 1 I took on a 6 month old which would be similar to what you would be able to do. Then youve got your 3 under 5's.