PDA

View Full Version : Fees for settling in sessions?

Stanfield
14-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Hello,

I have a new mindee starting soon and need to do some settling in sessions, I was thinking an hour with mum here, then an hour on his own for two Mondays in a row, then start ...

What do you all do, and do you charge for these?

Thanks

Nicky
14-09-2009, 11:36 AM
I tend to do between 2 and 4 settling in sessions, the first mum stays for a little while and then for the others see how they settle and lengthen the periods they stay for, the later ones without mum.
I personally dont charge for settling in sessions.

I think it depends on the age of the child as to how quickly they settle.

Daftbat
14-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I don't charge for settling in sessions as i think its important to make sure that people are not under pressure. It can take some children one session and others two or three before everyone is ok and i don't want parents to be worrying about costs rather than how we are doing things, especially if the parent hasn't started working yet anyway.

Having said that i hae had some customers who have insisted on paying and i have accepted, but i never ask.

The Juggler
14-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I offer four free hours then charge for anything over and above that.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2009, 01:09 PM
I don't charge - this is all included in my fees

bex8282
17-09-2009, 12:32 PM
I don`t charge for settling periods, But I only have them for an hour, then I decide and say to the parent(s) wheather or not he or she needs another one.
:)

singlewiththree
17-09-2009, 01:43 PM
I offer 4 hours free and after that they pay. My newest mindee will be a 7mth baby end of Oct they have paid a £50 deposit which we are using for settling in periods as they are paying bacs monthly through the year. (term time only contract). Therefore I'm going to start having her for odd half days/full days to settle her in.

HomefromHome
17-09-2009, 01:48 PM
i have never charged - time differs with each child - i usually do an hour, then 2 or 3 then thats enough normally. i did have one mum who came every week for 6 weeks (for a morning) and she only left her dd the last week!!! (have had her dd 18 months now!) sometimes the parents need it more i think!!!
i do like the idea of the four and more bit that some of you do though.... (NNOOO says brain, more paperwork!):laughing:

Curly Quavers
17-09-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't charge for settling in sessions. :)

little chickee
17-09-2009, 03:25 PM
i offer an hour with Mum and then a 2 hour period on their own - i do not charge for this. Anything over this i charge full fee.

grindal
17-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I dont charge for settling in sessions but I do take a non refundable deposit. This covers settling in sessions, contracts and the time spent to complete them.

tammerisk
17-09-2009, 06:05 PM
i do one hour with mum or dad or both
then come for half hour and then they go for another half hour

then i say drop off and leave for hour
and them if they fine start contracted hours

sophiestars
17-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't charge for settling in sessions. I have the initial meeting with them, then they come back with the child to sign all the paperwork etc which takes ages so little one gets to play a bit (with me while Mum signs). I then do another one with Mum if she wants to stay and one or two on their own. I think it's true that Mum needs those sessions to make sure she is happy too.

daisyboo1980
18-09-2009, 11:36 AM
i didnt charge for mine last week i did 2 hours the first day then 4 hours the next as i wanted it to include sleep time
family and friends thought i was mad not to charge but this family waited a long time for me to get reg they where meant to start in aug and this is the first week .

TheBTeam
18-09-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't charge for settling in sessions and offer 2 or 3 and poss more depending on child. I also like to have the child for a settling in session over a meal time if my contracted hours are such that they should have a meal here, i like to have an idea of whether they are settling enough to eat/drink!