PDA

View Full Version : Hi there

Mandi75
14-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I have just enquired about becoming a childminder, got the date for the briefing session which i will be attending in october. Im really nervous as there seems to be alot involved and even if i will be good enough:)

Could anyone give me any advice of what lies ahead for me.

Also one question i really would like to ask is, how many pets are you aloud to have?

thanks in advance

Mandi xx

balijay
14-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Hi Mandi welcome to the boards - everyone is very friendly and helpful on here so stick around - the advice is invaluable!

Probably best to expect the whole process to take around 6 months - anything quicker than that will be a bonus!

With regard to your pets, I don't think there is a maximum number you are allowed, you just need to be able to prove to Ofsted that you will be able to keep the children safe around them.

Hope that helps! :)

Mandi75
14-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Thankyou so much for the warm welcome:)

Well i have just enquried about the first aid course and i attend on the 5,6,7 and 8th october (omg i cant believe im going collage) so that ties in for my briefing session on the 8th october.

I have have 1 dog and 4 cats, thats why i asked but the cats wont be in the house while im minding so hopefully this will be ok.

Mandi xx