PDA

View Full Version : Number of children allowed

gtaylor29
13-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Hello all please can you help with the number children i am allowed and in what age ranges,
i have a 4 year who is at full time school and a 1 year old. can i take on a another 4 year who is at full time school and a 6 month year old? sorry newbe and getting confused????

thanks

sarahlou
14-09-2009, 07:19 AM
What does ur certificate say u need to go off that:)

mississmoomoo
14-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Hello all please can you help with the number children i am allowed and in what age ranges,
i have a 4 year who is at full time school and a 1 year old. can i take on a another 4 year who is at full time school and a 6 month year old? sorry newbe and getting confused????

thanks

A standard is 3 children under the age of 5 (1 of which can be under 1) and 3 children under the age of 8. This has to include your own children so for instance, I have a 1 year old, an 9 yr old and a 13 yr old so I am registered for 2 children under the age of 5 (1 can be under 1yr) and 3 under the age of 8yrs.

You would probably wouldnt be able to have the 2 other children as you will have 4 under 5yr olds. As you have 2 children yourself under 5 you will be allowed 1 more under 5 yr old and 3 under 8 yr olds. But this all depends on the size of your property and what ofsted have agreed to register you for.

hth

charliegee
15-09-2009, 05:39 PM

thanks

Hello there - sorry to jump in but I think that would be allowed (if you are registered for maximum numbers) as I make it that would be...

(if you took on the extra 4 year old in full time ed and 6 month old together with your two..)

you would have

two in the Early Years Group - being your one year old and the 6 month old
two in the 4-5 range - being your 4 year old and the mindee (as both would be rising 5's for the purposes of your numbers - aged 4 going on 5 and in full time education so able to be classed as over 5's for the purposes of your ratios)

be interesting to hear some more thoughts but that's what I make it (assuming you are registered to have 6 children but including your two in that number - so 4 mindees)

(sorry if I'm wrong and please correct me if I am as I get confused and posted about numbers today!)

x

gtaylor29
16-09-2009, 05:36 PM
hello

thanks i have made a few calls and found out charliegee your right i can take the 6 month old and 3 children in full time education.
Thanks again