PDA

View Full Version : Business Car Insurance

Pipsqueak
07-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok we have the recommended Motorminder but they are quoting me megabucks any other suggestions where I can look guys.

sarah707
07-12-2007, 03:01 PM
For the first time, this year, I've gone with Morton Michel... but mostly cos Swinton couldn't quote me for me and boyfriend (he had to be husband and he's not!!)

Manjay got a good quote just after me - there's a thread on the other forum here -

http://childminding.proboards102.com/index.cgi?board=insurance&action=display&thread=1193912402

littlesprogs
07-12-2007, 03:11 PM
i got a quote from motorminder too and they quoted £2000!!!!:eek:

needless to say we didnt go with them! think we are with kwik fit now and they gave us a free MOT too

Pipsqueak
07-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I know the motorminder is specifically aimed at childminders - the extras like replacing carseats etc but I was wondering if others have comparable quotes.
Motorminder just seems so much.

What is with these companies that won't touch you if you are not married etc. I had one company who wouldn't even quote me, it had to be my "husband"! Needless to say I put the phone down mid-argument.

loopylu
07-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi there,

I used www.Swiftcover.com - they have a clause in there for childminders/nannies - that you must put your cover as business/social on the policy. My insurance was only £278.

Hope this helps?

fionamal
10-12-2007, 05:54 PM
I went with Motorminder as they were the best quote. Ive got full no claims bonus and drive a Zafira. Was quote £265 which was really good.

susi513
14-12-2007, 05:22 PM
cheapest for me was ecarinsurance.co.uk - they were substantially lower than everyone else (but they were dearer for dh non-business insurance). But its all online and childminding is not listed as one of the jobs - I emailed them to get confirmation they cover childminders and selected education on the online list and then emailed them again with the policy number so I've got email correspondence proving they're aware I'm a childminder.

Trouble
17-12-2007, 08:32 PM
try Zurich it was only £20 + a year more and dont forget to ask the for the piece of paper with the words business insurance on for your wall and ofsted.:)

tracy1986
11-02-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi there,

I used www.Swiftcover.com - they have a clause in there for childminders/nannies - that you must put your cover as business/social on the policy. My insurance was only £278.

Hope this helps?

hi,
can u jsut tell me where i can find this clause just for my reference as they have just given me a better quote than motor minder.

Teresa
11-02-2008, 09:44 PM
we got ours with rac and they didnt charge extra for business instead of full comp

Sarsar3NCH
11-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I know the motorminder is specifically aimed at childminders - the extras like replacing carseats etc

Don't be fooled by this, if the accident is not fully someone elses fault they will not replace car seats. It happened to me, nor will they give you an equivilent hire car (i.e. 7 seater) if accident is not fully someone elses fault

Sarah

tulip0803
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
Hi there,

Hope this helps?

I'm with Swiftcover too. It has cost me nothing to change from normal to business insurance and they were really cheap too.

JuliaXX

oakie dokie
12-02-2008, 06:31 AM
i have mine with tesco, and they dont charge for the class 1 business use and they know im a childminder.

hazelx

Kelly
14-02-2008, 02:18 PM
I went with Sheilas Wheels this year I paid £195 for my galaxy for social and business which quotes childminding (my renewal quote with my old insurer was £350!) bargain

son77
14-02-2008, 02:31 PM
I too have just gone with sheilas wheels but never had a prob with any insurance companies, neither has it cost any more having business use on it.

My hubby also insures his with business use too just incase we need to swop cars.

ma7ie
14-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I'm with Budget. Only cost me £13 more than before.

Marie x

jmoff
15-02-2008, 09:27 AM
I have mine with Tesco too, no extra charge for business and were one of the cheapest ones.

button68
15-02-2008, 09:48 AM
My insurance is with First Alternative (they were the cheapest at the time) and when I phoned to say I was now using my car for business use too they said thanks for letting us know but we don't charge any extra :)

Maybe worth a try.

LittleMissSparkles
15-02-2008, 10:05 AM
I cant remember who Im with off the top of my head but it didnt cost anymore to have business class added as a childminder xxx

susi513
26-02-2008, 08:30 AM
Please don't anyone go to ecarinsurance. Despite telling me that their policy was suitable for me as a childminder they are now saying I'm not covered for transporting children !!!

See separate thread.

Susi

oakie dokie
26-02-2008, 01:11 PM
i have just checked with mine, tescos, i am covered class 1 and that includes childminders and she has put a note on my file to that effect.

hazelx

SonnysMummy
13-04-2008, 09:33 PM
Do i need business cover before i'm registered or wait until after? Will Ofsted want me to have it before pre-reg visit?

Kelly:)

Pauline
14-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Do i need business cover before i'm registered or wait until after? Will Ofsted want me to have it before pre-reg visit?

Kelly:)

No, so long as you explain that you understand that you must have it I'm sure they will be fine about it.

JOANNE
22-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I`m with tesco too, and i am covered at no extra cost.
I have asked them to send me a letter confirming that i`m a childminder and covered as it doesn`t actually state it on my policy, just so i can show Ofsted and parents that i am covered. :)

Rach30
22-05-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm with ladybird. Its only for ladies tho :D I also have thier brakedown cover....often wonder if a swarm of ladybirds will come to help if i was to breakdown:rolleyes: ..........:laughing:

flora
22-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Try putting your details into confused.com.

We got ours for £115 all in :D We are with auto direct.

Gives you a starting point and then you cna take it from there and follow up the quotes you want to :thumbsup:

Wendy Woo
22-05-2008, 08:24 PM
We changed to sainsburys as they were the cheapest wen we looked and it didnt cost any xtra for bussiness

jayne
22-05-2008, 08:34 PM
I phoned the number in whominds and have used there recomendation for the last 2 years last year i was with zurich and this year norwichunion

MissTinkerbell
30-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I didn't have it for the pre-reg visit and she was fine aboout it - DH was away so couldn't do it until he got back.

We're with First Alternative and when I rang them last week and explained what was happening they said that because DH had put my employment down as 'Education &Training' (I was a teacher) that they'd automatically put the cover on the policy. Told them that I was now childminding and they amended the policy and there is no extra cost.

childminder54
17-07-2008, 11:18 PM
im going with shelias wheels as mine is up at end of month theyare the cheapest..

veronicaxx

Hebs
18-10-2008, 04:38 PM
just got a quote with kwikfit for business class (for childminding) on my new car and it's CHEAPER than what i'll be paying without business class!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
18-10-2008, 04:39 PM
I am with churchill insurance and they don't charge any extra for Class 1 - highly recommended

FizzysFriends
18-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Im with Tesco, it was no more for business. It doesn't say im a childminder on the policy, does it need to? It says Im covered when using the car for business though.

roseybev
19-11-2008, 08:52 PM
thats why i went with motorminder they were realy good and not dear and found out that we should have buisness class3 not class 1

LeanneC
27-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Ok we have the recommended Motorminder but they are quoting me megabucks any other suggestions where I can look guys.

I have just spoken to eSure car insurance, they said that their car cover includes any aspect of a childminders role/job ie driving other peoples children etc. This is if you get business use on your policy (at no etc cost). So hopefully when my renewel comes through it will be even better than i hvae now. I have business use on it now so i dont need to worry. :clapping: