PDA

View Full Version : What about the toys?

Demonjill
12-09-2009, 11:20 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick question....

For my pre reg visit will i need to show what toys i have?
Just that apart from dd's and ds's bits n bobs which are personal to them all other stuff is up the loft. Will i need to get it down to show her?

Please say no!! lol - you have not seen up my loft he he

Daddy Day Care
12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Hi all,

Just that apart from dd's and ds's bits n bobs which are personal to them all other stuff is up the loft. Will i need to get it down to show her?

My pre reg inspector wasnt intertested in what toys I had, but dont assume yours wont be

Gareth
xx

Alz
13-09-2009, 06:44 AM
I just had my DD toys out anyway, but don't think Mrs Ofsted that worried about what you have now for pre-reg, you just need to tell her what toys/equip you will have and what activities you will do etc...

singlewiththree
13-09-2009, 06:59 AM
They just want to know that you are aware of what toys you have and what you wished you would have so you could write up a list of equipment/toys and activities you do with them.

mississmoomoo
13-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Hi all,

No they arent interested in that at this stage, they are more concerned about you being suitable to be a childminder. Plus as you do not know what age or sex of children you will be looking after its silly to go and expensive to go and buy a range of toys yet. The inspector will ask you some scenarios and ask you how you will deal with it, and what rooms you are intending to use etc. so dont worry about that at this stage. tht

Annie_T
13-09-2009, 03:31 PM
mine asked what type of toys i had but could also see them as they a\re in sight

Curly Quavers
13-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi all,

Ta your pre reg visit they are not inspecting you in anyway shape or form they will just go through a small booklet explaining what is required of you to become regester and all the kind of information you will have to gather together for your application.

I actually have my pre reg over the phone.

Blackhorse
13-09-2009, 05:28 PM
dont worry about the toys
as long as you have a rough idea what you would offer the CC wont care about it.

when I had my reg visit I only had stuff for toddlers up to 18 months...
but made a little list with toys and things I would have for older kids too.

they know though if you are just starting out that you wont have a house full of all the equipemnt you will probably collect over the next couple of months/years....

I know how worried I was before they came...but I shouldnt have been as it was a very relaxing meeting...in fact I had cleaned the house so long that I was nearly offended she didnt take a closer look..iyswim

Blackhorse
13-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Ta your pre reg visit they are not inspecting you in anyway shape or form they will just go through a small booklet explaining what is required of you to become regester and all the kind of information you will have to gather together for your application.

I actually have my pre reg over the phone.

that's funny. didnt know that.

I got registered in one visit....
(and before that she came out to the house once but just to sign my disclosure docs as I couldnt get to their office...long story)