PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys......

Demonjill
12-09-2009, 08:31 PM
OK taking all your advice and letting CC come out on Tuesday for pre reg.
Im so nervous and still not sure its what i want but lets put that to one side just now.

What do I need to do/make sure - my mind is just a blank!!

What questions will she ask?

Will she see right through me? That im not dedicated to this cos thats how i might seem.

If they had come out in july when they should have done there would not be this problem and i would prob be reg by now - but would i be happy???

Me not know :( :( :( :(

bibi571
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Will probably have a look round house to see what needs doing re cupboard locks, smoke alarms to be wired into mains, fire blankets, liabilitiy insurance carseats. etc. Have a look at all the areas you'll propose to be using as minding areas. Any works needing done in house, garden etc. Have a look at your policies you've got done so far: mine wanted to speak to my DH and see what he thought of having other peoples kiddies in the house. If you've got others in house over 16 they'd want to speak to them too.

Barbara :littleangel:

fionamal
12-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Do you know who it is thats coming out?

You will be fine, they are just visiting to check the house over and make sure that its safe for kids. They will check over any policies or paperwork you have and help you get on the right track.

They are there to help us, so they say so good luck and let us know how you get on

Blackhorse
12-09-2009, 08:51 PM
I think with the CC it depends who you have as officer..as they all look for slightly different things from what I have heard from other cms.

I had email my CCO all my policies and docs before she came out so she had already signed them off.
She wanted to see the house (altough she had seen it before as she came to see me to sign off my disclosures)
she was very nice and didnt go snooping round cupboards..just had a look for safety things..that they are all in place..or planned to be put in place if not yet done..checked the garden was safe...asked me about things I would be doing with the kids...didnt check any certificates for training, first aid, fire alarm etc...
had a chat with me and asked a few questions..i asked her a few that I wanted confirmed and then she said certificate will be in the post asap.

just have all the things ready that you know you need. If they have something else that needs done then they will give you 2 weeks or as quickly as you want to get it sorted.,
just be yourself. dont stress out about it it isnt really bad. and as I said..should there be anything else they want they will let you know and you can do it.

about your attitude...I dont think that would be an issue. after all you can even be registered when you are not minding...or taking a break...I dont think they would mind about that or in fact even pick up on it.

You will be fine!!

cher25
12-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Just do everything, everyone here has told you. What they want to see is no different to what ofsted looks for. So if you want to know anything or just want to chat about it, just ask.
Calm down about it and you will be fine.
Glad to see your going ahead with it. :) x