PDA

View Full Version : When to advertise

emile1973
26-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi there everyone
This is my first post with you so I hope it is in the correct place...

I am in the process of registering (waiting for OFSTED) and was wondering when to start advertising.
How would I word it as I am not registered yet etc
I don't want to word it wrong etc.

Also my local council have no places on the ICP for 6 mths and although I have 6 months from registration to start it I am not working at the mo and would like to do it while I am not busy. Can anyone tell me if you have to do it through yr local council or if they know of any other places I could do iy or by distance learning etc

Many thanks Emma x

sarah707
26-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Hello emma and welcome!

Have a good browse around - you'll find lots of answers!

as far as doing the ICP home study, it's very expensive compared to waiting for the course, but you do need it as you will learn all about the forms you need and get help setting up your portfolio etc :D

Beachbum
25-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi

I'm in the same situation and I can't really afford to wait 6 months until I can do the course so I'm doing it privately with NEC (National Extension College), it works out at about £200 or £18 a month if you want to pay monthly.
It is learn from home and then you have to find somewhere to sit the exam so see if a local college or CACHE centre will let you sit it there.

It's a lot of money but the only way I can get myself started in the time I want to do it.

Link to the NEC here: http://www.nec.ac.uk/courses/cis?courseinfo_id=1080&category_id=4920&product_id=1861&print_p=1

Good luck
Beachbum x

miffy
25-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi Emma

Just wanted to say welcome to the forum and good luck with your registration

miffy xx

angeldelight
25-03-2008, 10:36 PM
Hi Emma

Dont forget to go and say hello in the hello section so everyone can welcome you

Welcome anyway hope you enjoy it here and good luck with your registration

Angel xx