PDA

View Full Version : My registration certificate...

Alz
11-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi guys...

Just need to quickly clarify something, my registration certificate says I..."may care for no more than 5 children under 8 years; of these not more than 2 may be in the early years group..."

Is that in addition to my 18 month old daughter?...or are they just talking about children I "care" for as in minded children?

Thanks

balijay
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Hi Alz, me again! Your own lo is included in that figure so you can have 4 others under 8. One of my children is included in my under eights, but she is nearly 7, so not for that much longer!! :D

Alz
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Thanks....so Im only allowed another one under 5 then?!?!...bummer...was hoping for the full 3 under 5 with my daughter!

Alz
11-09-2009, 02:51 PM
wanted to stick will little ones...but might have to rethink either haing a couple of littles ones on the books if possible but different days or think about doing school runs!!!..eeek!!

Alz
11-09-2009, 04:54 PM
Just phoned ofsted to clarify with them and the lady there said that my certificate relates to the amount of minded children I can have...so I can have 5 minded children which is started on the certificate...so I CAN have another 2 in the early years group!!!!

(and my own 18 month old DD which takes me up to the maximum of 6)

......phew!

Zoomie
11-09-2009, 04:59 PM
Yes, what Ofsted told you is right.

You can have two other under 5's ... :eek: :eek:

balijay
11-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Oh so have I been reading this wrong? I thought my daughter (age 6) counted as one of the five under 8s that is stated on my certificate but I can actually have 6 including her?? :huh: :confused:

Alz
11-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Balijay.....maybe it's worth a phone call to Ofsted to clarify?!??????...

...for something that should be extremely sinple to understand I'm finding it all very confusing:huh:

balijay
11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Yes I think a phone call may be in order too unless someone a bit more experienced could clarify... :blush:

madasahatter
11-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh so have I been reading this wrong? I thought my daughter (age 6) counted as one of the five under 8s that is stated on my certificate but I can actually have 6 including her??

Yes you have been reading it wrong:o

Your certificate tells you how many minded children you can have. Basically Ofsted can grant you a maximum of 6 under 8's assuming you have the space for them. From this they deduct your children eg if you have 2 children (aged under 8) your certificate will say 'May care for up to 4 children under 8 years'.

The number in each age bracket will be determined by the ages of your children
eg. you have 2 children aged 2 and 7, your certificate will read 'May care for up to 4 children under 8 yrs, of which no more than 2 can be in the early years age group'

So there you go...you can go out (or stay in as we work from home:laughing: ) and earn yourself some more pennies by grabbing an extra child!

balijay
12-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Thank you madasahatter! :D

LittleAcorns
12-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Oh so have I been reading this wrong? I thought my daughter (age 6) counted as one of the five under 8s that is stated on my certificate but I can actually have 6 including her?? :huh: :confused:

this is the amount of minded children, so once your daughter is 8 you'll be allowed another 5-8, my dd is 7 so only another year!!

Alz
12-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Thank you guys for clarification, think Ballijay and I have it now.....?!!?!??!..phew! :thumbsup:

Love this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clapping: