PDA

View Full Version : Got another phone call from school!

Alibali
10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
DS 2 has a habit of hurting himself at school, got 3 phone calls for head injuries last year and numerous others, one involving a hospital admission!!

Anyway, 3 weeks back at school and got my first call already! He had been doing 'food tasting' for the new school menus as part of the pupil council. The children who took part were awarded with pencils and rubbers. On his way out, while holding his pencils he tripped over a desk, fell and two pencils pierced his cheek:eek: . Apparently there was a lot of blood and he was crying lots! He managed to soldier on to the end of the day though and now has 2 little bruised piercings!

Rubybubbles
10-09-2009, 08:04 PM
OMG hope he is okay:panic:

LittleAcorns
10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
aweee, bless hope hes ok, just tell school to remove sharp/heavy/hazardous material at all cost ;)

sweets
10-09-2009, 08:06 PM
ouch!!!

Don't want to worry you but have you cleaned the wounds out?

only saying because i put my hand down on a pencil once and the tip went in, it healed fine but the grey lead mark is still there under my skin now!

sarah707
10-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Owww! Hope he's feeling ok now! xx

bibi571
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OMG can't help it!!! Especially after talking to you at nursery about the things our kids do to themselves - LOL!

Bless his little socks - I hope you didn't make him walk home? Poor soul.

Give him a hug for me. Another one for the list eh?

Barbara :littleangel:

mandy moo
11-09-2009, 11:44 AM
I know it was a long time ago, but when I was at school we were taught, that when walking with pencils and sissors, pencils must be held in a palmar grasp with pointy ends nearest the little finger, and blunt ends the thumb end IFYKWIM? sissors closed and blades held in your fist..
do they not teach that any more? must ask my two!

Annie_T
11-09-2009, 12:38 PM
oh bless him, oh you would thought the teacher thought about safety - kids,pencils & desks dont mix to well at best of times (mine have tripped over desks few times)

hope he ok

Alibali
11-09-2009, 07:41 PM
I know it was a long time ago, but when I was at school we were taught, that when walking with pencils and sissors, pencils must be held in a palmar grasp with pointy ends nearest the little finger, and blunt ends the thumb end IFYKWIM? sissors closed and blades held in your fist..
do they not teach that any more? must ask my two!

Well, he knows now:laughing:

OMG can't help it!!! Especially after talking to you at nursery about the things our kids do to themselves - LOL!

Of course I made him walk home, no point in being scarred and unfit!!

only saying because i put my hand down on a pencil once and the tip went in, it healed fine but the grey lead mark is still there under my skin now!

It is lookin a bit grubby, do you think I should take him to Drs?

Minstrel
18-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Well, he knows now:laughing:

Of course I made him walk home, no point in being scarred and unfit!!

It is lookin a bit grubby, do you think I should take him to Drs?

I thought it was just me! When i was about 12 i was 'stabbed' with a pencil in my little finger i still have the little grey dot!