PDA

View Full Version : Help! Newbie! Contract help pls!

ManicMum
10-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi there

I have been childminding for about 6 weeks. My client's fees are currently being paid by Working for Families. She is going on to tax credits and will be getting 80% of fees paid. I now need to set up a contract with her. I have SCMA (Scottish) childminding contract. Can I ask what others charge for these categories - see below.

I have been charging £4 hour to include meals, soft play fees etc as didn't think I would ever get the money if asked for a £1 for meals and £3.50 for soft play etc. Think it will just be easier to have an inclusive fee.

Unsocial hours - before 8am and after 6pm
Weekends
Public Holidays
Absence due to child or parent sickness
Absecnce due to childminder sickness (assume this will be a big zero!)
Parents holidays
Childminder holidays (didn't think i could charge for this as self-employed)
Retainer fees

Also, has anyone had any trouble waiting for tax credits payments to start? I know they will pay the client direct, not me. But don't want them saying they are waiting for the money to come through and me minding for weeks with no pay.

WOuld i be doing the right thing refusing to take the child on the Tuesday morning if they have not given me the (cash) payment for that week up front? I don't want to cause the child any upset but we can't be taken for mugs can we? Hopefully that won't happen but just trying to set out my stall in advance!

Also how much notice should both parties give each other to terminate contract?

any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks