PDA

View Full Version : she has just left ...

namtasha
26-02-2008, 11:27 AM
The lady and baby came at 10 and left at 11.15, taken away a contract to look through with her hubby and will call me later going to see another childminder thhis wek though.
she was really nice and kept saying when baby is with you .... not if baby is with you, is that a good sighn?
also not wanting to start till end of march should i get a deposit??
eeek need this so bad

LittleMissSparkles
26-02-2008, 11:30 AM
I wouldnt have given her a contract to take away with her, i'd have invited her back when she had made a desicion to complete it together and finalise things. I hope she does come back for you and yes I would change her a retainer fee of 50% of what her weekley fee will be to hold the place if it was me, but everyone is different xxx

good luck xxx

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello

Sounds promising - hope she gets back to you

I always ask for a deposit

The deposit that I ask for would depend on the fees I guess

I would take no less than £50 though

I would also put it in writing that the deposit comes off the first week / month of childminding ( depending on how much deposit you have )
I would also say it is none refundable if they do not take the place on the agreed day

I would get them to sign this

Good luck hope she gets back to you

Angel xx

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:32 AM
Sorry just noticed about the contract due to Susans comment

Did you actually give her a contract or just a welcome pack

Why would she want a contract at this stage when she is still going to see someone else ?

It would be something that I would fill in together also

Angel xx

namtasha
26-02-2008, 11:34 AM
i only gave it to her because i looked through it with her and there are tick boxes on it like photo consent etc that i thought her hubby would want input on. its blank only to read together at home then come back to sign.
is that ok?????

Mollymop
26-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Just wanted to say good luck as it does sound positive, I think she'll be back. Don't forget to let us know X

berkschick
26-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Good luck, let us know when you hear back from her.

I do the same as Angel and charge a weeks deposit, only refundable once they start with me.

Was it an NCMA contract you gave her?

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:42 AM
So you let her take it to show hubby then bring back if she is taking the place to sign with you - I can understand your logic

But if they are NCMA contracts for example then you may never see this person again and they are expensive so you do not want to waste them

Personally I always make sure parents take no paperwork that needs to be signed until they have signed it in front of me

I always give them a welcome back explaining about my service - my fees - meals - hours of opening - just briefly outlining everything

Do not worry about it its not a big issue anyway

Hope she does get back to you

Keep us posted

Angel xx

namtasha
26-02-2008, 11:44 AM
was a morton and michel one, just felt right as she was talking a lot about husband and talking over with him. would get all signed in my house though. she said wanted to bring him round ne way oh well done it now

angeldelight
26-02-2008, 11:46 AM
That sounds good - well done

Good luck

Angel xx

sarah707
26-02-2008, 12:39 PM
was a morton and michel one, just felt right as she was talking a lot about husband and talking over with him. would get all signed in my house though. she said wanted to bring him round ne way oh well done it now

I know what you mean - sometimes it just feels the right thing to do doesn't it? Especially when they are all positive when they are talking to you.

I really hope this one goes well for you... and I agree with the others - a weeks' money should cover it! :D

Pauline
26-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Good luck with this, sounds promising.

As regards the contract why not photocopy them and write "example" through them and then parents can take them without you worrying that you will lose an expensive real one?

namtasha
26-02-2008, 12:47 PM
thats a really good idea thank u x

elaineg
26-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Fingers crossed, good luck.

love elaine XX

Spangles
26-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Good luck!

Don't worry about the contract thing - you live and learn!

Hope she comes back to you with good news!

Banana
26-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Sounds like a positive meeting!!

Good luck, hope they come back!

x