PDA

View Full Version : 1st enquiry already...well chuffed!

Alz
10-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Right, well....Ofsted said certificate is in the post...(I'm waiting at the window "postie watching" as we speak!) and today I have had an enquiry (I was recommended by a friend...and that must be on just what a lovely person and brill mum I am coz I obviously haven't even started minding yet!:laughing: ) through my contact page on my website. I am SO, SO, SO happy!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

It's just perfect for what I am looking for at the moment, a 10 month old girl (I have a 18 month old girl), mum's self employed so initally days/times flexible (good for me as I still work p/t at my office job at mo!). Only prob is they are both poorly at mo so will have to wait a week to meet her and the little one...but still so chuffed I have "broken the ice" with an enquiry!!!!!!

Woop - de - woop!!

Tam's Tribe
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM
:clapping: Fantastic . . . word of mouth is a powerful recommendation :laughing:

Good Luck!!!!

CherryBlossom
10-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Well done! Great news!
:clapping: :clapping:

daisyboo1980
10-09-2009, 11:14 AM
thats brill:clapping:

Leannetrim
10-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Thats fab xxxx :clapping:

balijay
10-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Alz that is amazing! Got everything crossed for you that this enquiry turns into your 1st mindee!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: Great start!

Demonjill
10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
Fab news well done :clapping: :clapping:

Alz
15-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Update update.....hopefully mum and little girl coming for an initial chat and look around on Friday!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

So excited and scared!:panic:

So, think I have more or less everything organised, even though this is just a first meeting I have got a "parent" pack ready with all policies and permissions in etc and contracts to hand as and when she wants to sign!

What else do I need to do I go through with her on this 1st meeting. In my parent pack there is a couple of forms to full in about the child etc should I do this at this meeting or at a settling-in session while little on is playing? I don't want to bombard mum with too much when she has only just met me!

Does she need to sign contracts BEFORE settling-in sessions as no money will be changing hands for these?

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

mississmoomoo
15-09-2009, 08:10 PM
Update update.....hopefully mum and little girl coming for an initial chat and look around on Friday!!!:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

So excited and scared!:panic:

So, think I have more or less everything organised, even though this is just a first meeting I have got a "parent" pack ready with all policies and permissions in etc and contracts to hand as and when she wants to sign!

What else do I need to do I go through with her on this 1st meeting. In my parent pack there is a couple of forms to full in about the child etc should I do this at this meeting or at a settling-in session while little on is playing? I don't want to bombard mum with too much when she has only just met me!

Does she need to sign contracts BEFORE settling-in sessions as no money will be changing hands for these?

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

I would think on the first meeting she will have made a decision. When she comes you need to go through what you have to offer, what your typical day will be etc, this can be discussed whilst you play with her LO, then move on to what your fees are, what time you work to and from and if she is ok with that you can let her have a look at your policies and procedures, whilst you play with the baby. Then if she is happy to commence she should fill in a child record form and ideally the contract whilst shes there.

usually have a 4 week settling in period and let her know payment is due in advance either weekly or monthly (your choice). And depending on when she wants to start if its a few weeks in advance, you could ask for a non refundable deposit which will be deducted off the first months fee.

Then you can arrange for her to come again for settling in, but it does depend on the parent, they may wish to come again before making a decision.

Demonjill
15-09-2009, 10:18 PM
Brilliant!!

No wonder you are so excited!

Fingers x it all goes well on Friday.

Keep us posted.:thumbsup: