PDA

View Full Version : Complaints procedure please clarify

clorogue
09-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Is there a difference in time scales for the complaints procedure. My latest policy says:

• Any actions will be addressed and dealt within 28 days from the date on which the complaint was made for Early Years Register and 20 days on the Compulsory Register.

Is this correct? Or has it changed again?

Many thank yous again!!!!

christine e
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
As far as I know that is still correct

Christine

clorogue
09-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Just found it they are both back to 28 days! Does anybody else realise this, just been confirmed with my ncma/early years advisor!!

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:12 PM
:update: :update: :update: :update: :update: :update:

THE CHILDCARE REGISTER HAS BEEN UPDATED!

Here is the thread -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41373

Thank you to Clorogue for letting us all know... before Ofsted told us! :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Just found it they are both back to 28 days! Does anybody else realise this, just been confirmed with my ncma/early years advisor!!

Where did you see this as my inspector said that this is no so but that was in April?

sarah707
09-09-2009, 05:57 PM
After chatting to clorogue by pm, I have sent an email to Ofsted -

Hi, I wonder if you can clarify something please.

An Ncma advisor has told me that the complaints timescales have been changed.

She says that they are now 28 days for both the Eyfs and the Childcare Register.

Is this information correct?

Do childminders need to change their complaints policies, procedures and forms to reflect this change?

Is Ofsted going to revise the complaints policy and procedure?

Can you please tell me where this information has been published (if it has indeed changed) so that I can inform other childminders.

Thank you!

Fingers crossed we get a reply soon :D

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Bet this goes in the too hard basket!

sarah707
09-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Bet this goes in the too hard basket!

As I said to clorogue, I wonder which one of the questions they will answer...

:laughing:

clorogue
10-09-2009, 06:59 AM
Where did you see this as my inspector said that this is no so but that was in April?

Debbie

I couldn't get my head around it either! I asked for more clarification and I got it, apparently it has just been changed recently back again. They were 28, then one went to 20, then just very recently back again to 28. Sarah is checking it out again

How are we supposed to keep up with it all!!

sarah707
10-09-2009, 08:36 AM
For those who missed it in the thread...

The Childcare Register has been updated... :D

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41373

sarah707
10-09-2009, 06:10 PM
I have to share this with you because I am laughing so much...

I have just had a reply to my email about the complaints question (above).

The reply is referring me to information which we now know is out of date. :rolleyes:

How exactly are we supposed to get it right when they don't know what they are doing themselves? :panic:

kez
21-09-2009, 02:17 PM
i asked my development worker this and she also asked the area co-ordinator and they both told me it hasnt changed even they havnt had any information telling them???? im now confuesed?? i mean how are childminders supposed to know its changed it ofsted doesnt let us know these things ??

christine e
21-09-2009, 04:05 PM
i asked my development worker this and she also asked the area co-ordinator and they both told me it hasnt changed even they havnt had any information telling them???? im now confuesed?? i mean how are childminders supposed to know its changed it ofsted doesnt let us know these things ??

Suggest you refer your developement worker to the link
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Requirements-for-the-Childcare-Register-childminders-and-home-childcarers/(language)/eng-GB

Christine

Winnie
21-09-2009, 04:24 PM
my ofsted inspector was impressed that i had changed it to 28 days- so i guess it is 28 days :laughing: