PDA

View Full Version : fire practice log?

v 1461
09-09-2009, 11:28 AM
hello

How do you do your fire practice??
I know I have to do it once a month but how do you do that? with a 12 month old , a 14 month old and a 4 years old.
thanks once again
V

katickles
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I just sound the alarm myself. I know others get people to set theres off for them to try & catch them unawares but pretty hard when your home alone:D

I sound the alarm that way the older children know what happens when it sounds & know not to just sit there playing:laughing:

I always gather the children & leave via the nearest exit , then write what happened, who was where, where we left by, the time & date etc & also a note of where my mobile phone was. I write who walked, who was carried aswell.

I also write anything that happened that may have made the exit longer, what could of gone better & all that.

miffy
09-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I just sound the alarm myself. I know others get people to set theres off for them to try & catch them unawares but pretty hard when your home alone:D

I sound the alarm that way the older children know what happens when it sounds & know not to just sit there playing:laughing:

I always gather the children & leave via the nearest exit , then write what happened, who was where, where we left by, the time & date etc & also a note of where my mobile phone was. I write who walked, who was carried aswell.

I also write anything that happened that may have made the exit longer, what could of gone better & all that.

I do that too.

Sometimes get another childminder to phone me (and vice versa) so that tests me too iyswim

Miffy xx

v 1461
09-09-2009, 12:28 PM
thank you . that's great. I had no idea how to do it.
V

Annie_T
16-09-2009, 08:25 AM
just remember to log the fire fire drill .(write down for more lovely paperwork lol)