PDA

View Full Version : first aid kits

sjane2
09-09-2009, 10:21 AM
hello

not sure where to put this question but can anybody recommend or tell me where to buy a first aid kit for being a childminder, I have done a search on internet but so many sites and different ones to choose from and different prices. how much should they cost? should I buy from internet or do Boots sell the correct ones?

i know i need to get a travel one as well.

thanks

sam

Dippy bird
09-09-2009, 02:44 PM
You can them from the NCMA website and if you are a member you can get it at a discounted rate.:)

Pippa31
09-09-2009, 02:51 PM
Got mine from Red Cross when I did the first aid course at a good price.

So try giving them a ring.

madasahatter
09-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Aldi and Lidl stock first aid kits 2 or 3 times a year (check out their specials online or by subscribing for email updates). And they are much cheaper than elsewhere.

These (http://www.firstaid-direct.co.uk/first-aid-kit-supplies.htm) seem to have good prices for a basic first aid box plus contents, but remember to remove the things we shouldn't have in (creams/wipes/tweezers etc)

It is likely that none of the first aid kits you can buy will contain everything you need so just top it up with a few extras e.g small kits often come with one eye pad/bandage but you need 2, but the large kits with 2 in contain lots of other things you don't need/want.

I've got a household kit (cost approx £20), one in the car (came with it) and a travel one that stays in the bag I take everywhere (cost £1.99 at aldi). Just remember to check the contents every so often to ensure sterile things are still in date. Anything out of date can be consigned to children's role play doctors set!

zippy
09-09-2009, 03:55 PM
I GOT A GREAT LITTLE ONE FOR PUSHCHAIR 1.99 FROM INSTORE, EVERYTHING IN YOU NEED

sjane2
10-09-2009, 01:42 PM
thanks for advice

I will keep my out when next at Aldi, or wait until i join NCMA and get one then.

good idea about the out of date bandages i would have thought of that.

sam x

bongywongy
10-09-2009, 02:59 PM
As others have mentioned there is no set one but you can get them from Boots, B&Q, Supermarkets, chemists, internet. You will just need to check the contents of them and remove all items not allowed.

I would attach a checklist but not allowed yet not posted enough.

sarah707
10-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I would attach a checklist but not allowed yet not posted enough.

You are more than welcome to email anything to me that you wish to post and I can put it on for you :D

Demonjill
10-09-2009, 08:39 PM
I got mine online from Firstaid 4less - very reasonable and good quality.

I made up my own ones for in the car and in my bag!!:thumbsup:

Gizmo
10-09-2009, 08:41 PM
I got one from Ikea and removed the plasters :thumbsup:

sweets
10-09-2009, 08:42 PM
mines from tesco:)

bongywongy
11-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the help Sarah now I am an Amber member the restriction has been lifted.

The attachment is a list of recommended contents of a first aid kit. On the reverse I have created a checklist so that you can demonstrate to Ofsted that you regularly check the contents and use by dates. You could laminate it and reuse or just print another copy whatever suits you.

I hope this helps :)

sarah707
11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the help Sarah now I am an Amber member the restriction has been lifted.

The attachment is a list of recommended contents of a first aid kit. On the reverse I have created a checklist so that you can demonstrate to Ofsted that you regularly check the contents and use by dates. You could laminate it and reuse or just print another copy whatever suits you.

I hope this helps :)

That is excellent thank you for sharing! :D

julie w
11-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Hi when Ihave done my first aid training courses, we have always been offered a chance to buy a first aid kit then.

sjane2
13-09-2009, 06:28 PM
thanks for the list thats great bongywongy. So i take it i can get one then remove things that are not on the list. I will have a look around all the shops

thanks for replies

mississmoomoo
13-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I have got the one from NCMA, its really good and has everything you need. I also have a travel first aid kit which comes with me everywhere, it was a real bargain at £1 from my local market!