PDA

View Full Version : tentatively saying....I'm finally a childminder!!!....:-)

Alz
08-09-2009, 05:57 PM
I am more or less officially a registered childminder!

Rang Ofsted today and the certificate is in the post so should probably get it tomorrow!!....eeeeek!!!!!!

Thanks to this forum for all the ideas and support!!...now the hard work begins!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

balijay
08-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Congrats! I got my certificate last week and have been flat out since with advertising! Do you have any mindees lined up? It is a great feeling changing your status on here from pre reg to registered childminder! Anyway, good luck with everything.

Alz
08-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Congratulations on your certificate too!...I know how long the process can take getting everything sorted!:clapping: :clapping:

Yes, cracking on with advertising now and doing any final amendments to paperwork etc then should be good to go!...just need some little ones now...apart from my own DD!! So no, no mindees lined up yet, have you?

I think what I'm going to do is test the water a little bit and see if I can get a mindee for say thurs/fri as I am at my "normal" job mon-wed....don't want to go handing in my notice too soon!!:panic: unless however I am lucky enough to have loads of enquiries in my 1st week!!!:laughing:then i'll be writing that lovely letter to my manager!!!!:thumbsup:

balijay
08-09-2009, 07:15 PM
No mindees yet but I'm hoping it won't be too long - I have plastered my cards around my village and the surrounding area so fingers crossed! I too cannot wait to hand my notice in on my deadly boring office job - race ya!! :laughing:

daisyboo1980
08-09-2009, 07:19 PM
well done u 2:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
im very jealous lol im still wait on social service its different here in ni

Rosiemay
08-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Well done. I'm just waiting for my crbs to come through. Should be by the 16th . . .

rosie x

Alz
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Ha ha ha balijay....you're on!!!! :laughing:

Got some little leaflet thingy's printed out so will start distributing in ernest at the end of the week!:clapping:

Thanks you Daisy...keep the faith, your certificate will come to you soon I'm sure!!

...bye bye to boring office jobs and hello to childminding mess, madness and mahem!....bring it on!!!:thumbsup:

sarah707
08-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Great news! :clapping:

Alz
08-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Thanks Rosie, hope you get yours soon too!!:thumbsup:

balijay
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Fingers crossed it won't be too long for you Daisy and Rosie - the wait is so frustrating isn't it!

Keep me posted on your progress Alz - I would love to hear how you are getting on :)

Alz
08-09-2009, 07:31 PM
You too balijay....will be nice to have a childminding "starting at the same time" buddy! :excited: