PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted and Husband

wellybelly
08-09-2009, 05:48 PM
Ofsted came today for his pre-reg visit and I have to say I am so proud of him. He showed her round our home like he was already doing the job - showing her where WE keep things for nappy changing and WE put the menu. Bless him, he did so well.

She did say I ( yes me!) was doing too much paper work!!!!!! Well yes that is an understatement, but I really don't think there is anything I can just stop doing.

She said if Craig wants to join me in the future, together we can have 11 children, as our daughter is 5. At the minute he's just going to be working with me and helping me out with the odd school run.

I'm just so pleased for him getting through it and getting to grips with reading all the nessesary paperwork over the past couple of weeks.

sarah707
08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
That's great news! :D

Just be aware I spoke to Morton Michel before, if you are with them, you're only insured for a total of 10 children.

squiggle
08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
thats great :)

well done craig :thumbsup:

p.s we really need to get together soon for a catchup k!!

xx

jeanybeany
08-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Hi

His he registering as a childminder or as your assistant? I have just enquired about my hubby being my assistant........

Thanks x

wellybelly
09-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Dh has registered as a childminder in his own right, did'nt want him to be an assistant as I'd have to pay him (tax and national insurance), he could'nt do the school run and together we are equals. He would'nt like to admit I am his boss.

We are aiming for him to support me with the children I have in the early days with the possibility he will join me permanantly in the future.

Thanks squiggle - yes a catch up is needed soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Polly2
09-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Well done mr wellybelly :clapping:

Chatterbox Childcare
09-09-2009, 08:51 AM
That's great news! :D

Just be aware I spoke to Morton Michel before, if you are with them, you're only insured for a total of 10 children.

Working as a husband a wife team you can have up to 15 but I am unsure which company it is with and whether you both need to be registered.

sarah707
09-09-2009, 08:53 AM
Working as a husband a wife team you can have up to 15 but I am unsure which company it is with and whether you both need to be registered.

It must be Ncma because we are both registered and insured together with MM :D

rickysmiths
09-09-2009, 08:59 AM
I thought NCMA was a total of 12. Mind you you would need a big house to accomodate 12 children and 2 adults

wellybelly
09-09-2009, 09:05 AM
I am happy withh 11! The thought 15 of it actually makes me feel faint...:panic:

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I am happy withh 11! The thought 15 of it actually makes me feel faint...:panic:

Me too

Good luck mr and mrs wellybelly :thumbsup:

TheBTeam
09-09-2009, 09:10 PM
The 11 applies to under 8 years, you can have over 8's too!!

Good luck to both of you from both of us!:laughing: