PDA

View Full Version : help what part of register???

liza
08-09-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi,

Thinkk ofsted coming tomorrow am,
Handwriting SEF now!!! Stuck on what part of register I'm on!!!

Know I'm on Early years and compulosory, certificate doesn't say voluntary, but does say I can't use study or provide overnight care ( voluntary)

Here's what it says on my ofsted page

About the provider
Description:Childminder

Date of registration:24/02/2009

Register type: Early Years Register / Compulsory Childcare Register
Conditions of registration
Conditions are restrictions that Ofsted places on a registration. Providers must meet these conditions at all times they provide registered care, as well as other requirements for registration. It is an offence not to meet conditions unless the provider has a reasonable excuse. If there are no conditions displayed then Ofsted has not restricted the registration.

The registered person:

•may care for no more than 4 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 2 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 1 may be under 1 year at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)
•must not provide overnight care (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register, voluntary part of the Childcare Register)
•must not use the study (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register, voluntary part of the Childcare Register)

Don't have any children over 8 on roll, but am considering taking one soon . am I allowed or not (he's 9)

Thanks

Liz

singlewiththree
08-09-2009, 04:49 AM
It says you are on the early year (under 8's) and the compulsary childcare register which is for over 8's so yes you can have an older child.

You just need to make sure you have the complaints difference put in your policy as its a different time scale for the registers, sorry can't remember at this early hour what that is.

liza
08-09-2009, 06:29 AM
thank you so much :)

you're right there is a difference in time scales (think one is 20 days the other is 28), I have a policy, but the time scales aren't in there. Should they be or is it just good practice???
Based my policy on the one from Bromley I think!!

about 2 hrs beofre ofsted due so no time to change it now anyway!!!!

Liz