PDA

View Full Version : Conservatory !!!!!

bex8282
07-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello, spoken to a few people now, and they seem to think, don`t quote me on this but they think I can get a conservatory through being a Childminder.....
Is this right ??
& How do you go about it ????

Thank you

Chatterbox Childcare
07-09-2009, 05:48 PM
If it is used solely for the childminding then yes you can claim the cost BUT when you come to sell your house capital gains tax comes into the equation. Get professional advice if you decide to use it as an expense.

sarah707
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Not sure what you mean...?

Some areas of the country are being offered a grant which they can apply for... some childminders are using the grant to improve their facilities and this might include a conservatory...

BUT this totally depends on where you live!

Most of us buy one and put some of the cost through our books - not all or it is seen as a business purchase and you have to pay capital gains tax on it in years to come :rolleyes:

Does this answer your question?:D

tinkerbelle
07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Not sure what you mean...?

Some areas of the country are being offered a grant which they can apply for... some childminders are using the grant to improve their facilities and this might include a conservatory...

BUT this totally depends on where you live!

Most of us buy one and put some of the cost through our books - not all or it is seen as a business purchase and you have to pay capital gains tax on it in years to come :rolleyes:

Does this answer your question?:D

oooh how much do you put through your books iv just had a conservatory so i can use it as a dining room andf my current dining room as a playroom that i wouldnt have if it wasnt for minding so what could i put through

bex8282
08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
If it is used solely for the childminding then yes you can claim the cost BUT when you come to sell your house capital gains tax comes into the equation. Get professional advice if you decide to use it as an expense.

Thank you for Everyone`s advice, but who do you speak to as we only moved house this year, and will never need to move if we had a conservatory!!!

I have a Lounge and a dining room, but the garden is fairly Big and could get a big conservatory just for children`s play room.

FizzysFriends
08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Thank you for Everyone`s advice, but who do you speak to as we only moved house this year, and will never need to move if we had a conservatory!!!

I have a Lounge and a dining room, but the garden is fairly Big and could get a big conservatory just for children`s play room.

You have to buy it and then you put the amount through your books like smaller purchases.

OR ask your DO if the grant is available.