PDA

View Full Version : first few weeks of childminding

Blackhorse
06-09-2009, 04:48 PM
how did you all feel in your first few weeks of minding?

I enjoyed it so far but I am also worrying a lot about everything...not in a good routine yet either...was cleaning till midnight one day....
sometimes I even feel like: Omg what have I let myself in for?
looking after all those kids and being responsible for them...
worrying that I dont do enough for the kids...that I am missing something or that I should be doing something I am not....

how did you find your first few weeks?
and how long did it take you to feel comfortable with the way you work..in a way that you thought..ok maybe I can still improve on things but overall it is going pretty good??

Any other job I had was always with other people never on my own...and you had a lot of training to begin with and people you could ask to make sure you are not making mistakes etc...(I guess that is where the forum comes in..LOL)

Mel09
06-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi there,

I have literally only just started and have been thinking the same thing ! I am presuming that once we have been doing it a while we'll be able to relax and feel happier and confident about everything. It is a big responsibilty isn't it which is quite scary but it is a great job :) . I just tell myself that I will feel more confident once I have been doing it a lot longer. I'll be interested to see any replies ! x

dreamondreamer
07-09-2009, 04:39 PM
Oh I could have wrote your post myself, I'm 4 weeks in and feeling exactly the same:blush:
I have two little ones and my youngest son (4) has just it seems got used to the house being a bit busier than usual, so thats a big thing:clapping:
The baby is great although very energetic but the 2yr old isn't really eating very much. Her mum blends everything and spoons it in when shes distracted (watching a dvd):eek: I have told her I'm not happy about doing this but have been giving in but its gonna have to change very soon:o
Will look forward to reading any replies you get, hang in there :)

Curly Quavers
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey Mrs,

Glad you enjoying it.

I think it took me a good 8 weeks to feel relaxed and in control! Now things are better and my stomach has stopped churning.

I am still always trying to find things to make better and document them (try and impress the CC some inspection time)