PDA

View Full Version : Help please (fees)

jeanybeany
04-09-2009, 09:27 AM
Hi

Could you please tell me what you would do. I have a mindee that only comes during the summer hols for a few hours. Mum booked them in for 4 hours over 3 days, but has been picking up early. They have then done 3 hours say and I still charged for 4 hours. Well the other day she said I had charged her too much. I explained and agreed to charge for the 3 hours for that week and from then on per day. Well Monday parent was late, so have charged for 4 hours and then parent said x won't be coming tomorrow. My question is should I charge her for the 3 hours or not. I think I should but worried about the confrontation and I know parent will not want to pay. Or would you just let it go as only temp contract and last day today.

Thanks for your help

Jeanybeany:D

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I would charge her for the full hours she has agreed for the child to come to you, in your contract.

Also if it is agreed in the contract that she is to pay you if she has chosen for her child not to come to you then i would also charge her for those hours to.

caroljayne
04-09-2009, 12:57 PM
I agree - if it's in your contract then charge her.

My contract states that the full hours will be charged for regardless to whether or not the child attends or leaves early. I also have a £5 per day late payment charge. When I first started I would probably have avoided the confrontation but I don't worry now, it is as it is, she booked those hours with you and potentially stopped you from having another child on that day.

jeanybeany
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks all sorted now and has booked in for next year! Long time till then.

Jeanybeany:)