PDA

View Full Version : what would you charge to pick a child up from school?

missv1981
03-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi,

i've been asked to pick a boy up from school and drop him home 3 days a week. What would you charge for this?

thanks

Alibali
03-09-2009, 06:02 PM
I'd charge an hour and only do it if I was going to that school anyway.

sarah707
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I'd charge an hour and only do it if I was going to that school anyway.

Yes i'd do the same! :D

manjay
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
If he was under 8 I would charge my minimum which is 2 hours. He would potentially be taking a space that I could fill with another child

Chimps Childminding
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
If it was literally just to pick up and drop off at home, and not have in your care other than that, I would phone a taxi company and ask them what they charge, because that is basically what you are doing! As someone else said, he will still be taking up a space no matter how long it takes to pick him up and take him home so you need to make it worth your while!

Twinkle
03-09-2009, 08:09 PM
I agree with the others, charge for his place not the time. After all it's also the same amount of paperwork whether he is there 10 mins or 2 hrs.

ajs
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
i used to collect a child from home and take him to school and then return him home after school and charged £10 per day for this

as has been said i needed to keep a space in the car for him and mum understood this

caroljayne
04-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I also used to charge £10 per day for morning drop off and after school - total of about 1hr 15mins. It was a real nusience though as I could never park at the school and had to get baby and buggy out etc.
I had an enquiry the other day but I said to make it worth my while it would be £15 mum wanted 1.5 hours in the morning and 1 in the afternoon - mum didn't get back to me :-)

Jelly Baby
14-09-2009, 09:11 AM
I charge 1 hour + an extra 50p as taking up a place so 4.50..i have them in the car for 15 mins in the morning as they get dropped at 8.30am and leave me at 8.45am and it takes about an hour after school as have to park up etc and wait longer! good money really for not a lot as have 3/4 kids each day but does take up room..i am full every day now both am and pm runs!
I do think we should charge more at times as taxis are around £10 just to school where i live but if we take the mickey it will end up with friends doing it instead i guess grr!

Daftbat
14-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I charge a minimum 2 hours after school regardless of how long they are with me - the place could be taken by someone else.

Blackhorse
14-09-2009, 12:19 PM
I would charge my normal after school fee as he takes up a space.
if it is taking there an back...the full daily before and after school fee.
as others said..your space is taken and you wont be able to get another after schooler.

rickysmiths
14-09-2009, 12:29 PM
If it was literally just to pick up and drop off at home, and not have in your care other than that, I would phone a taxi company and ask them what they charge, because that is basically what you are doing! As someone else said, he will still be taking up a space no matter how long it takes to pick him up and take him home so you need to make it worth your while!

Personally it is for this reason I would not do it. I am not a taxi service. I can't imagine not having a child in my care never come to my home.

bibi571
14-09-2009, 12:54 PM
My hourly rate is £3.50, but i'd charge £5.00 for this but only if i didn't want to fill the after school space. If i did i actually be doing myself out of another fiver, that i couldn't possibly fill.

Only take it if you really don't see yourself taking only another afterschooler.
I usually charge a session rate of £10 which everybody else says is too cheap. I need to review all my afterschoolers for January. :rolleyes: Going to have some unhappy parents - lol!

Barbara :littleangel:

Chimps Childminding
14-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Personally it is for this reason I would not do it. I am not a taxi service. I can't imagine not having a child in my care never come to my home.

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chatterbox Childcare
14-09-2009, 01:00 PM
I charge £14 after school and if the child was using an under 8's space this is what I would charge as I couldn't fill the remainder of the day and earn from it.

If it was an over 8 space and I could accomodate the request then I would charge £10 per day