PDA

View Full Version : First Mindee, Am I doing things correctly?

fucshia
03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
My first mindee started today, please could I check what paperwork I should now be keeping.Is the following correct....
I record the times of arrival and leaving and get parents to sign each week that its correct.
I keep a book of what has happened through the day and pass it to parents to take home each day for any notes they may like to note.
Risk assessments of anywhere we go.
I have a diary but I am not sure what to record in this, today it looks the same as I've written in the parents book?
I have the contract signed and the medical details/ contact from in my file.
Thank you very much for any help, I'm sure it will all sink in eventually:o

sarah707
03-09-2009, 06:24 PM
That all sounds good!

Do you have accident / medication / incident forms ready for if needed?

Do you have an 'all about me' form for each child?

Do you have a learning journey for the children as well?

My daily diary just notes who was here, what we did (routine), where we went (outings) and anything notable about the day.

Hth :D

OoopsyDaisy
03-09-2009, 06:39 PM
Sarah! Whats a learning journey :blush:

Thanks Amy x

OoopsyDaisy
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
oooh and sorry Fuschia to be so rude and butt in, but I am starting with my first mindees on monday and I am worrying now! x

fucshia
03-09-2009, 07:00 PM
No problem OoopsyDaisy, I'm not too sure either. Is it to do with planning and observing the child?? Are there forms for this or do we work out how to do this on our own? Thank you Sarah707 for the list.

fucshia
03-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Is the All about me form one I can obtain or is it one I do myself? I have one with all the vaccinations, allergies etc but I don't think this is the one you mean?

singlewiththree
03-09-2009, 07:24 PM
A learning journey is the observations/photos/pieces of work linked to the EYFS.

There is an all about me in the downloads section of this site. Its basically for the parents to fill in which shows what the child likes to eat/do/how they like to sleep/what they are frightened of etc.

fucshia
04-09-2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you, thats a great help.

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2009, 10:12 AM
I risk assess my house ongoing during the day. Outings risk assessments only need to be done once for each place.

Forms I have signed are for:

Parent Responsbility
Permission to give child's information details to assistants and emergency contacts
Safeguarding Children Notice (this states your responsbility to report anything suspected)
Acceptance of policies
Outings
Trampoline
Photographs
Suntan Lotion
Transportation in mine or others
Take for emergency treatment
To carry out EYFS, observe, assess and record

If you are having a daily diary you do not need to duplicate it.

fucshia
07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I listed all the items I needed permission for on one form and the parent signed it. Will Ofsted accept that or should I have done them separately?