PDA

View Full Version : Filling places as a newbie

Laura_Parsons
03-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi all,

I am currently doing my ICP course, but having read a couple of posts on here I am a little concerned that I will not be able to fill my vacancies and that I will end up with no income.

Does anyone have any advice? Does anyone childmind in Swindon? How hard have you found it?

Thanks for any advice.

Laura :)

OoopsyDaisy
03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Hi,

I used to live in Swindon! Hurrah!...but now live in Yorkshire so can't answer your last question...sorry!

Have you done any research with your local Family Information Service, Early Years Team or Local Authority to find out in demand areas of the Swine? Some places need more minders than others so at least you could know more or less if the work is out there, but I am afraid nothing is definite, especially these days so it really is a case of advertising, word of mouth, and just basically getting out there. Obviously you may have already done this but there aren't any real certainties but you would be best researching the need in your area!

If you go on www.childcare.co.uk or netmums these are really good places to look for parents who need minders and for you to advertise when registered.

Best of luck, Amy x