PDA

View Full Version : Any halloween ideas?

angiemog
03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Hi,
Just thinking ahead and wanted to compile a list of ideas for halloween.
I have a few.....
pumpkin faces (orange and black felt used like fuzzy felt)
pumpkin faces (paper plates and orange and black paint)
decorating biscuits
making broom sticks (bread sticks)
collecting twigs to make brooms
Ghosts ( I saw this on a site and can't find the link but will try to explain)
You make a clear ghost (laminate pouch) you then tell a story and each time place him over a different colour ghost. He starts off white and likes to drink milk.... he was hungry and ate some strawberries (place the clear ghost on red.......) the children can then change the colour he is by the colour of food he is eating. Eventually he is thirsty so drinks more milk and turns white again.
Play dough monsters..... (using googly eyes)
Reading books (ones like room on a broom)
Skeleton pictures (card bones stuck on paper)
Thats all I have come up with. I'm sure you all will have some more.
Thank you x

angiemog
03-09-2009, 02:03 PM
OK found the story........

Once there was a WHITE ghost named __________ who was very hungry.
He looked in the refrigerator and found a banana. He ate it and turned YELLOW.
The ghost was still hungry so he ate an apple and he turned RED.
The ghost became very thirsty so he drank some chocolate milk and he turned BROWN.
The ghost really liked vegetables so he ate a carrot and turned ORANGE.
He also ate a pepper and turned GREEN.

The ghost was tired after eating so much food that he thought he would have one more drink, so he drank some milk and he turned WHITE once again.

It's a small world
03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
Depending on age:

PUMPKIN THUMBPRINTS: Use orange paint and get children to dip fingers/thumbs in and do prints all over paper- when dry cut out pumpkin shap.

PUMPKIN STAIN GLASS DISPLAYS- Get lots of different shades of orange- use a pumpkin template and cover with cling film. Glue all over the cling film and then stick tissue paper all over. When dried cut out pumpkin shape and carefully remove cling film...looks really pretty when light shines through and if using different shades they all intermingle making pretty patterns (hope that makes sense?)

FOOTPRINT GHOST: Use a dark peice of card/paper. use a paper plate or container and fill a small layer o white paint. Get the children to place their foot into the paint and then make a footprint onto the paper. When dry place the foot with toes facing downward and then draw eyes / nose on the heel part of the footprint - hey presto a ghost

These are just a few ideas: There are loads on here:-

http://www.dltk-holidays.com/halloween/index.html

HTH