PDA

View Full Version : I can't fill my places

nikkia77
03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
please someone help me I don't know what else to do, we really need the money but I can't get a job to tide us over cause we don't qualify for help with childcare, ironic or what :crying: :crying: :( :(

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2009, 11:39 AM
When I first started I worked at ASDA filling shelves. What about an evening job?

hayleychildcare
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi Hope you can fill some spaces soon.:)

Im the same i only have one mindee at the minute and he is going part time from Monday. Ive had 2 calls in the last 8 months for schools i carnt do.:angry:

Ive even started delivering the free paper to get an extra £20 a week (not much but hey) :laughing:

Hope you get some calls soon :thumbsup:

Mollymop
03-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Hope things pick up for you soon. Have you thought of doing Avon or something like that? While I was waiting to register I worked in a nursery cleaning in the evenings when hubs got home. It was only £200 a month but every little helps x

It's a small world
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I know how you feel. I have an evening job working in a hotel restaurant.Its hard I have one mindee and need to do paperwork in day/planning/obs / diaries/entertain mindee plus my 2 (eldest back to school Monday :clapping: ) . Then work in evening. Supposed to be 2-3nights a week but in the next 9 days I have one night off. I had a moan about it last night on here, but shuldn't complain as money comes in handy.

What have you done with regards to advertsising? I ve tried everything. Hopefully things will pick up when more children go back to school and parents go back to work.

Good luck hope things pick up for you soon :thumbsup:

grindal
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
It does take some time to get your name known and for people to see you out and about and minding. I finished work last Christmas and had next to no sensible enquiries till April, then on the same day I confirmed a full time mindee to start in june and a short term vacancy until then. I now have a full time mindee, and my very own waiting list! Make sure you have details on you all the time and make sure everybody you speak to knows you are a childminder. Good Luck - I hope things pick up for you soon.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
03-09-2009, 03:11 PM
hi, i hope you get some phone calls soon. maybe you could get some leaflets printed and do a leaflet drop to all the houses in your area?

I know when i moved to a new area last year and was looking for childminders i was really unsure how to find one! Maybe there are people out there that are in the same situation and are unsure where to look for childcare?

How about an evening job, or prehaps weekends if your other half doesnt work weekends?

Dom's Mam
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Depending where you live the council can provide a sustainability grant, I would ask your local family information service if they can help. We are in a deprived area (apparently) and redcar&cleveland council have funding for this grant. You don't get if you don't ask! Good luck:thumbsup: