PDA

View Full Version : Busy Bees again!!

Lady Haha
03-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi, sorry not been around for a while, been on holiday! But now I have come crawling back for advice!

One of my parents who has been with me for two years now asked a while back if she could start paying with Busy Bees vouchers at the start of Septemeber. I said, yes, fine and two weeks ago she gave me a registration pack to fill in which I did and gave back. I also did a yearly breakdown of fees so that we could average out the monthly payment.

Today (3rd Sept), first time I've seen her since I got back from hols and she hasn't sorted it out yet!

If she was to get on to them tomorrow for instance, how long would it take for me to get paid? And then once it is sorted, say by the 18th, can it then be paid again at the end of this month ready for Oct? So two amounts of 211.20 within two weeks?

Just wondering what you would do? Should I ask her for the whole of Septembers fees now and then accept the vouchers from beginning of Oct? I don't want to mess around just charging her for what she is using as it will mess up all the hard work I put into working the whole years fees (being term time now)!

I wish she had sorted it out! Not like she hasn't had time!

Grrrrrr!!! Just rang Busy Bees for advice and they said it could be end of September before I get a payment if she hasn't set it up yet!!! Will definately be asking for this months fees in cash NOW!!!!

FACEY
03-09-2009, 10:35 AM
You need to tell her she will have to pay you by cash or cheque now as you are unable to wait for your salary and then when you receive the busy bees payment you can refund her! shes had plenty of time to sort this out tell her otherwise you will have to charge her intrest on the late payment i bet she so pays up parents think they can pay as and when they like i am very clear about my parments if they dont pay i dont mind their children! how would they like it if they never got paid on time

wellybelly
03-09-2009, 10:39 AM
It normally takes about 3-4 working days for the money to transfer from Busy Bees to my bank account. I get an email to say its ready.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-09-2009, 10:56 AM
It depends on where she is with it.

It has to be set up and then the employer invoiced, them to pay and then the money released to you.

I asked a parent to check where my money was and he was told his employer had just paid that day. Next day money was in my account so there is some good there

Personally, I would reiterate my terms to the parent, asked to be paid on the assurance that you will repay her once the vouchers are received and paid. If you don't she will drag her heels forever.

Lady Haha
03-09-2009, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will be asking for this months fees now and if by chance I do get paid by Busy Bees in next couple of weeks I will refund her. I am just thinking that if I don't get a payment til end of September, then in effect that will be Octobers fees, so I won't have to refund her at all!

I have written a letter to give to her later explaining all this. Hopefully, she will understand as for two years she has always been one of my best payers! I do feel bad that 211.20 is alot for her to find out of the blue when she was expecting vouchers to pay, but at the same time, I can't afford to not have it!