PDA

View Full Version : siblings

louloudi
01-09-2009, 03:10 PM
Have just finished full time minding this week as I start work in a nursery next week, however a parent has approached me to do some sort term minding after school only for their 3 children. I usually charge £3.50 - £3.00 per hour. so I would be billing the parents in the region of £18 for 2 hours after school per day.

Is this a reasonable amount to pay, I know that if I had 3 children from seperate families I would charge £3.50 ph no problem, yet I do feel this is expensive for one family to pay... am I being soft??

Do you offer reductions for siblings?

opinions appreciated please:)

Daddy Day Care
01-09-2009, 03:25 PM
It sounds fair enough to me so dotn worry :)

I dont offer sibling discounts but there are soem on here who do

Gareth
xx

The Juggler
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I charge £4.50 for after school but my new mum was placing baby and two school age brothers with me. I gave her a .50p/hour discount for one of the boys.

However, this was mainly because I was not looking/needing any more after schoolers and I didn't want to lose the baby. Depends if you can afford to lose the money. If you are looking for after school places to be filled then I would charge the full amount if mum can afford it. If you only really needed to fill one place and this is extra income then maybe offer the discount.

Sorry that really wasn't much help was it!

LOL

louloudi
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
thanks for your replies.. I'm doing it as a favour actually as I'm working full time anyway. So I'll just charge £3 ph each. I just feel that if families have a few children care can be expensive...

However I suppose these people should realise that the more children they have the more expensive care is.... hence me having one child :laughing: